USA Roadtrips?

magicpockets

And if we can get to Wyrd HQ it would be brilliant to play guys like Nathan and Sketch, I just hope they don't hate me (and others) to the point where they're not interested :(

I bet they would be willing to meet a group of UK players. Not sure how much Nathan actually plays but I heard rumors that sKeTcH has played upon occasion, but he cheats :)

Your best bet would be to maybe plan around some East Coast event to try to get as many people around to meet you. PAX East, NoVA Open, Dragon Con, Templecon. Something like that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't plan around the NOVA Open, it has really bad timing (Labor Day weekend) and no Wyrd events this year. With that said, Lucidicide and I can certainly string together a solid event to entertain ourselves while the UK/EU guys get crushed... I mean beaten with all due respect.....

:)

Go NoVA! I'm sure we could come up with some sort of tournament worthy of kings... and the UK players would be invited, too!

Zing!

Don't plan around the NOVA Open, it has really bad timing (Labor Day weekend) and no Wyrd events this year. With that said, Lucidicide and I can certainly string together a solid event to entertain ourselves while the UK/EU guys get crushed... I mean beaten with all due respect.....

:)

See, that's the spirit :)

Sounds like you need to start planning a US East Coast GT

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bump this following chats with Nix - I'm up for confirming something for Autumn/Halloween if that works for people? I'm happy to take lead on organising the UK side and - depending on costs and likelihood - would be open to a trip to Washington to take on the NOVA guys and then a mini road trip south to get some more games in. Also, I THINK (note "THINK" only) that Nix may be able to organise the US side of things.

Let me know what you think guys

If Nix can't do it, I'm sure that I can. We have multiple stores that are happy to host events. I've got mad organizing skills (it seems so much less true when I say it like that).

Heck, I'd imagine some people would be happy to chip in money to get some hotel rooms or whatever. I know I would.

If we just connect all the right players in the Malifaux community, we shall create Voltron!

I'd endorse the Indy, Detroit, Chicago triangle. I'm in the Detroit pile, but Toledo (on the way from Indy to Detroit, kinda) has a solid group, then up to us outside of Detroit, all ~4 hours from Indy, then to Chicago, ~5 hours from Detroit, and back to the UK from there. Chicago's crew is legendary, and the Detroit area just has the coolest guys to be found anywhere. ;)

I'd endorse the Indy, Detroit, Chicago triangle. I'm in the Detroit pile, but Toledo (on the way from Indy to Detroit, kinda) has a solid group, then up to us outside of Detroit, all ~4 hours from Indy, then to Chicago, ~5 hours from Detroit, and back to the UK from there. Chicago's crew is legendary, and the Detroit area just has the coolest guys to be found anywhere. ;)

Totally detriot got the best group hands down

Totally detriot got the best group hands down