Hoffman, Leviticus and Molly. Can Weird Crews work?

Thatguy

Earlier today, I was playing around with the Crew creator, and I came across some weird combinations that you can take.

Because of Leveticus' strangeness he can take either Collodi or Molly in a scrap, and Either Ramos or Leveticus in a Brawl.

Potentially you could declare Acranists in a brawl, and then show up with Ramos, Leveticus, Collodi and bunch of dolls. Or Declare Guild, then Grab Hoffman, Leveticus and Molly with a whole harem of Belles and a Rogue Necromancy.

Since Von Schill is a merc, and lifts the restriction on hiring more then one mercenary, provided their freikorps, you can essentially add any master in the game to a freikorps crew.

My question is can any of the more bizarre combinations work competitively?

How well would Hoffman or Ramos work in a construct crew that used Flesh Constructs, Rogue Necromancy, or mannequins?

One of the combinations I plan on running is McMourning with almost all Freikorps. You loose 14 soulstones for the price of Von Schill, and his Henchmen Pool, but you get McMourning's 6, and the ability to boost it up to 8 in scraps.

If you just take the Freikorps box, take out the Librarian and toss in McMouring, you've got at 35 point crew, and a SS pool of 8.

I don't think Brawls are that common? At least not in my area.. Especially for tournaments.. But yeah.. Leveticus messes everything up, always did, always will.

As for the Freikorps, keep in mind each model costs +1SS for being hired out of faction, as such fielding mainly Freikorps puts you at a disadvantage right from the start, even if your opponent had expected you to bring something else..

I'm probably going to try out the Freikorps idea out the next time I play.

I don't think it would put them at a serious disadvantage. Especially when it comes to how important it is for Von Schill to have as big a SS pool as possible.

The Viks are the most common master to bring with friekorps, and assuming I want to bring a pool of at least 6 SS, bringing McMourning instead would be cheaper, if I bring less then 6 freikorp models.

I think for the upcoming doubles and team tournaments in the UK some people are planning on doing exactly this. Access to multiple factions' models is a very strong thing to have in Malifaux (see: Marcus, Leveticus, Hoffman, Zoraida...).

Also, with Molly being the only Henchman Levi can take, she's quite popular at the moment with people running him (though I think that will fade a bit if/when people decide she's not as good as she looks on paper).

Since Von Schill is a merc, and lifts the restriction on hiring more then one mercenary, provided their freikorps, you can essentially add any master in the game to a freikorps crew.

You can't take Henchmen as Leaders in brawls iirc, and if you could it wouldn't get around hiring restrictions faced by Levi or Hamelin for example.

Also, with Molly being the only Henchman Levi can take, she's quite popular at the moment with people running him (though I think that will fade a bit if/when people decide she's not as good as she looks on paper).

And Collodi

You can't take Henchmen as Leaders in brawls iirc, and if you could it wouldn't get around hiring restrictions faced by Levi or Hamelin for example.

You can't, though I think the idea here was that you could have a Freikorps crew and add whatever Master you wanted to it in a Scrap. The only Masters you can't take that way are Som'er, Leveticus, Hamelin and the Dreamer.

• 1 month later...