Titans in The Breach - London - Sunday 19th February

whitewizard

The Titans wargames club brings you "Titans in The Breach"

Held at Gordon Hall, Huntley Drive, West Finchley, London, N3 1NX

12 places. 3 rounds. Fixed Master. 30SS. Standard deployment only and Shared Core Strategies flipped for on the day. No painting restrictions.

Entry is £10 and can be paid via paypal to malifauxevents@thetitnas.org.uk

For the benefit of new comers, the club is <2 mins walk from West Finchley tube

station as well as some local shops (open all day Sunday) for refreshements.

There is parking directly outside the club and in local side streets.

Please check our forum thread for more details: http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Tita...?showtopic=521

Hope you can make it!

Players:

1. Chris - Viks

2. David - Sonnia

3. Sheridan - Seamus

4. Adam - Leveticus

5. Adam M - Seamus

6. Ian - McMourning

7. Jo-Ann - Lilith

8. Mike - Hoffman

9. James - ?

10. Spike - Som'er

11. Aiden - Von Schill

12. Richi - Dreamer

TitansMalifauxEventPack19Feb.pdf

Edited by whitewizard

£15 is a little steep for a 1 day event, but as its pretty local I should be able to make it.

I totally agree but sadly hiring a hall costs money and, as we're not sure of attendance, that is what is needed to cover the rent for the day.

Once we're in a position that we know we can get a minimum 10-12 people involved then entry will come down to £10. Which is a fair price for a London event.

The club is running in any case so if anyone wants to come for a pick up game, regular club hours are 15:30-19:30 and your first visit is FOC. Register on the forum and use the "arrange a game" thread for the relevant Sunday to find an opponent beforehand.

Awesome that it's local but:

VP > TP is a really bad format!

Giving TP for painting and avataring is a nono!

Could you elaborate on this as I'm not with you...

Thanks for the feedback though.

Best regards

Chris

Edited by whitewizard

Could you elaborate on this as I'm not with you...

Thanks for the feedback though.

Best regards

Chris

He means that having played tournaments where VPs decide tournament placing rather than TPs (which is standard) that it doesn't seem to work that well. You could win all your games and still end up near the bottom and someone else could lose all their games and end up winning.

I agree with Calmdown that TP needs to be the prime factor, and that awarding points for painting and manifesting is also not recommended.

For painting rewards have a prize (or even a few small prizes), and even a spot prize for the first manifestation if you think that's important.

Anyway as a local Henchman with Malifaux tournament experience please feel free to pm me if I can be of any assistance.

If Dave is going I'll likely come across to provided I can roll with unpainted minis? Also, did you mean to allocate 2.5 hours to a 25ss game? Just seems like with those timings you could get 4 games in and would likely get more people coming and the £15 would be more reasonable. If you PM Dave (Clouseau) I'm sure he'll help rework it if you want to.

If Dave is going I'll likely come across to provided I can roll with unpainted minis? Also, did you mean to allocate 2.5 hours to a 25ss game? Just seems like with those timings you could get 4 games in and would likely get more people coming and the £15 would be more reasonable. If you PM Dave (Clouseau) I'm sure he'll help rework it if you want to.

That's a good point actually, if they stuck with 3 games but reduced the timings so it finished earlier I may be tempted. Maybe.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I didn't realise this was the sunday and not the saturday (shows how much I pay attention). House party on the saturday means there's no hope of me making this.

Edited by CunningStunt

Also, did you mean to allocate 2.5 hours to a 25ss game? Just seems like with those timings you could get 4 games in and would likely get more people coming and the £15 would be more reasonable. If you PM Dave (Clouseau) I'm sure he'll help rework it if you want to.

Ok, back to the drawing board :facepalm: I'll PM Dave...

We're taking a punt on the rent and have dropped entry to £10 hoping more people will come.

I've also dropped round times to 120 mins (which is still long but we do have a couple of beginners), so we're finishing a bit earlier now. In actual fact, since the club is open till 19:30 anyway, there will now be plenty of time for a pickup game at the end of the day if anyone cares for one.

Cheers

Chris