All done trigger correct wording

magicpockets

Question

Something has come up in this thread about LCB's "All Done" trigger.

In the first printing of Rising Powers and on the cards the trigger makes no reference to damaging the defender and LCB can lose the duel with a :tomes and get his trigger off (removing him from play and replacing him with the Dreamer).

However, in the second edition of Rising Powers it seems that the wording for "All Done" was updated to read "When damaging defender..." so LCB needs to win the duel to place the Dreamer.

(As raised in the thread) it seems odd that you guys would have added words to the second printing of Rising Powers to bring it in line with other Cb triggers by mistake, and with no V2 cards for LCB, could a RM confirm if this is actually an errata to "All Done" which has been overlooked until now and if the trigger is "When damaging defender"? (If it is it will need adding to Malifaux.com too)

I hope so because it will go a huge way to stopping the LCB sniping which makes him so overpowered.

Thanks ya'll :)

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Let's be honest - "after damaging" is how it *should* work. Currently The Dreamer can successfully execute exactly what he wants to do, even with a pathetic control hand. When every other master tends to need a specific suited *high* card to pull off a powerful ability, it does grate that a 1 of Tomes is all the Chompy player needs in his hand to be able to confidently and effectively strike out.

Let's hope that Wyrd agree!

Mike

All FYI but a quick note re LCB cards is that while there is no V2 there are two slightly different versions. One that came with the nightmare version, one with the regular.

They both have the same wording on All Done which matches my early run Book 2.

I wouldn’t put to much stock into the nightmare lord chompy bits card. If Wyrd didn’t lie to us about producing more of them and they were still selling the original stock during the black Friday sale then all of the nightmare editions cards were printed before the release of book 2 at Gencon.

Just following up on this - is there a confirmed rewording of the All Done trigger? How does it work now?

It seems that the second printing of rising powers has a different wording to the first. All cards still show the old wording. The change in the wording now indicates that LCB now needs to damage in order to use his "all done" trigger. If true, it will prevent a dreamer plater just using a low book and missing but getting his trigger.

This is something I wouldn't mind hearing about, especially if Chompy turns out not to be the only one with an update like this.

On a related note, is there going to be another broad card update like last year? This is more wishful thinking and me hoping that certain models get a boost (Malifauxchildmalifauxchildmalifauxchild ;) ). Realistically, I'm guessing another card swap program would be asking a bit much.

Realistically' date=' I'm guessing another card swap program would be asking a bit much. [/color']

Not to derail the thread any more but at this point I think the cards is a nice idea but the PDF's needs to be the standard for stats. Just because of what might be minor updates to cards here and there. Otherwise people have to buy new cards often or have an ongoing card swap program. Just my 2 cents.

Where to get the correct rule is already fairly clear; the most up to date card, including updates on malifaux.com

It's worth remembering that this could just be a typo in the reprint of book 2. From what we're hearing the other changes in the second printing only appear to bring models up to date with the fixes.

I'm sure we'll get a full answer before long.

It's worth remembering that this could just be a typo in the reprint of book 2. From what we're hearing the other changes in the second printing only appear to bring models up to date with the fixes.

My suspicion is that it was a proposed change that just made it in to the second printing, but was reversed before the official card fixes. It seems unlikely to be a 'typo' - if there was no change intended, it would have been a simple copy-paste from the first printing, like most of the rest of the book.

Where to get the correct rule is already fairly clear; the most up to date card, including updates on malifaux.com

I agree for the cards, but there have been numerous Rules Marshal rulings that only appear in the Rules Discussion forum - nothing seems now to be transferred to Resolved, and there is nowhere that consolidates these rules into one place. Some have even been made on the Henchman forum, so very few people have access to them!

I think this is a serious oversight - it's just wrong when you have to explain to a new player "It's played that way, it's been ruled on the forums somewhere, buried in a maze of irrelevance".

Calmdown is (rightly) looking for clarity for a model's rule for tournament purposes; surely the same principle should apply to any and all rule changes, especially ones that fundamentally change the way the game works; for example, Keltheos has clarified the wording on Line of Sight and cover - anyone know where that is? (for the record, it's buried 2 or 3 pages down in the Rules Discussion forum). There was also a very clear explanation of how pulses / auras interact with enclosed buildings etc, but where's that? Anyone?

I know some things are linked in Pull My Finger, but no matter how good it is, a) it's not official (I know, it links to official rulings / explanations, but it's still not official as such) and B) it's not up to date.

In my opinion it just isn't reasonable to have rulings and clarifications scattered around a variety of forums: everything needs to be collated and held centrally, ideally in a PDF that can be printed out, whether for tournaments or local club use.

As it is at the moment, there are no guarantees that people in different areas are playing by the same set of rules, and that seems crazy when the rulings have been given. If they aren't going to be easily available, not just to people on the forum but to everyone who plays then it was a complete waste of time.

I think it's well beyond time that we had an official Errata / FAQ document that gets updated every time a RM rules on / clarifies something.

Cheers

Rob

I think it's well beyond time that we had an official Errata / FAQ document that gets updated every time a RM rules on / clarifies something.

+1

Agree in every way. I know the RM was supposed to take away the pages of FAQ people didn't like, but the game is complex enough I really feel Wyrd needs one. Its like creating a C.V., putting the first one together is a pain, and it takes forever, but once it's together adding to it is simple.

Edited by Fetid Strumpet

"Oh, it doesn't work that way, I read it on the forums... I'll have to dig the link up for you later" is getting more tedious every time I have to say it, and it's not particularly satisfying for anyone involved. A consolidated document with all the official Errata and Clarifications would make things so much easier.

However (comma, pause for effect) an official FAQ or Errata document would solve all of these problems. Yeah, it's a pain the first time, but:

1. It's easy to keep up with. Assign a RM or Henchman to keep it up-to-date. Easy.

2. Colsolidation of FAQ and Errata keeps the fanbase happy. Unhappy people tend to ditch games, just look over at GW, WoTC and any number of companies that are just out to sell product.

I know some things are linked in Pull My Finger, but no matter how good it is, a) it's not official (I know, it links to official rulings / explanations, but it's still not official as such) and B) it's not up to date.

a) If it links to an official ruling then it seems pretty official to me.

B) If you see something out of date then sign up to the wiki and add it

I am not dismissing the fact that a better consolidated ruling document would be nice but its nothing a thousand other forum posters have not said a million times before. Obviously we are not seeing one anytime soon so instead of just complaining join the community effort to put out own together.

And then push the thing. People in your local group have questions, point them to the wiki. Running a tournament, direct people to the wiki for rulings. Find something missing in the wiki, update the wiki.

Sorry I will get off my soap box.

a) I am not dismissing the fact that a better consolidated ruling document would be nice but its nothing a thousand other forum posters have not said a million times before. Obviously we are not seeing one anytime soon so instead of just complaining join the community effort to put out own together.

If thousands (of the what, like 8000 forum members) have complained about this a million times, then it would suggest to me that something official needs to be done.