"Fun" 30SS Pandora lists?

sinistercats

There really isn't anything you can do list-wise to make it easier on your opponents, I've tried =p

All you can do is limit the times her trigger goes off, pull back on cheating in that 12-13 when a model is surrounded by Sorrows and just show off her abilities without insta-gibbing him/her lol. Newbies will always struggle against Pandora, as they would with any top-tier master (Dreamer/LCB, Hamelin, Lilith, et al)

Bring Teddy, and maybe Baby Kade, make sure you include Pandora's Avatar.

Do not bring:

Lilitu or Lelu

Stitched Together

Insidious Madness

Doppelganger

Primordial Magic

Sorrows

Basically if you want to play a friendly Pandora list you must make sure you don't bring anything that synergizes with her will power mechanics. Even then Pandora can often hold off an entire crew by herself. She might not rock them solo, but she is hard to take down even if there is nothing else left on the table.

Bring Teddy, and maybe Baby Kade, make sure you include Pandora's Avatar.

Do not bring:

Lilitu or Lelu

Stitched Together

Insidious Madness

Doppelganger

Primordial Magic

Sorrows

Basically if you want to play a friendly Pandora list you must make sure you don't bring anything that synergizes with her will power mechanics. Even then Pandora can often hold off an entire crew by herself. She might not rock them solo, but she is hard to take down even if there is nothing else left on the table.

Ugh- don't think I can bring myself to bring the Avatar. :( I should clarify- they're not newbs to wargaming for the most part. So a totally powderpuff list isn't necessary.

And I've been meaning to break out Teddy anyway...

Yeah definitely don't field the list I ran last night against Hamelin.

Neverborn Crew - 30 - Scrap

Pandora
--
5 Pool

Primordial Magic [2ss]

• Doppelganger
    [8ss]

• Insidious Madness
    [4ss]

• Jack Daw
    [10ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

Hamelin players should not walk away from the board turn 3 after their crew has been ripped to pieces. Nor should your crew not take a single wound.

Edited by Ratty

Pandora
--
5 Pool

Primordial Magic [2ss]

• Doppelganger
    [8ss]

• Insidious Madness
    [4ss]

• Jack Daw
    [10ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

Hamelin players should not walk away from the board turn 3 after their crew has been ripped to pieced. Nor should your crew not take a single wound.

Ouch! Well maybe we'll save this one for down the road a bit. Nobody in my area plays Jack at all yet. Ignorance is bliss...

I just started a Pandora Crew, mainly because I loved the new sculpt and was interested in the Greek Elements of her story, but also because I'm a believer in the NB are overpowered camp. The only way I feel I can back up my arguments is to play them and prove it. I had a very limited selection until after X-mas, but even so I was having very great success with this list as well, again not for friendly play:

Neverborn Crew - 35 - Scrap

Pandora
--
7 Pool

• Lilitu
    [7ss]

• Lelu
    [7ss]

• Jack Daw
    [10ss]

• The Hanged
    [9ss]

Agreed not all NB are Over Powered, but as a faction I believe they are, but this is an argument that has been gone over before and doesn't need refreshing here. I only brought it up as a background for why I have gotten Pandora.

Back on topic, Pandora's mechanics really just make her a very mean master who just punishes her opponent non stop. My experience so far is that in order to tone her down enough where she isn't a massive negative play experience for the average player you sort of do need to gimp your list. She just works so very well with so many of the best stuff in the game and other models very specific to her that it is hard not to go rough shod over the opponent without meaning to.

There are solid all around minions that work well for NB that don't have any real direct synergy with Pandora, and it is those models I'd bring if I were trying to make the game more enjoyable for the opponent.

Pandora
--
5 Pool

Primordial Magic [2ss]

• Doppelganger
    [8ss]

• Insidious Madness
    [4ss]

• Jack Daw
    [10ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

Hamelin players should not walk away from the board turn 3 after their crew has been ripped to pieces. Nor should your crew not take a single wound.

Why was this list so bad? First activation likely, IM for causing extra duels, JD to get a minus, Pandora takes it to a double negative, and you lose 3 wounds per duel...

Its a good offensive list, but what did your opponent take and who was your opponent (out of interest). Its a strong list, but how did you manage to smack your opponent so heavily?