Cut and Thrust Bristol March 31st

Cut and Thrust

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are always more slots we can sort out about 24 6'x4' at a push and we have alot of terrain.

As for your third question, the subject of masters has not been decided yet but we might be playing fixed master and crews.

Please dont fix masters and crews, it pretty much destroys the whole point of Malifaux, which is to build your crew to an encounter, not try to shoehorn every encounter with one list (which very few masters can do).

Please run Fixed faction, with or without announced masters each game, or if you must, fixed master. And if you fix master, please announce strategies in advance. Malifaux in the UK seems stuck to bad formats that do not play how the game was designed... Break the mould!

Please dont fix masters and crews, it pretty much destroys the whole point of Malifaux, which is to build your crew to an encounter, not try to shoehorn every encounter with one list (which very few masters can do).

Please run Fixed faction, with or without announced masters each game, or if you must, fixed master. And if you fix master, please announce strategies in advance. Malifaux in the UK seems stuck to bad formats that do not play how the game was designed... Break the mould!

Rare as it is for me to completely agree with everything Ian says in a post, I'm in complete agreement. Malifaux is not supposed to be played fixed master or fixed list and there is no convincing argument for it, it unbalances the game, removes skill, and doesn't help new players in the slightest.

Edited by mythicFOX

I'm esteemed! Nice!

If its fixed, might just run something non Green ...

That's not true, thats impossible..... What are you even contemplating not running Gremlins it must be a sign of a impending apocalypse, on a serious note your Vikis would always be a good choice, or you could break out Hoffman or dare i say it, Hamelin, needless to say if its fixed oll be sticking to Lj, would prefer fixed faction but I can mange what ever it turns out to be.

That's not true, thats impossible..... What are you even contemplating not running Gremlins it must be a sign of a impending apocalypse, on a serious note your Vikis would always be a good choice, or you could break out Hoffman or dare i say it, Hamelin, needless to say if its fixed oll be sticking to Lj, would prefer fixed faction but I can mange what ever it turns out to be.

I like the luxury of being able to toggle between Somer or Ophelia for the Gremlins, with the different lists. Viks I find tend to run pretty similar each time.

Last time once they had confirmed everything I rang up to confirm then I used paypal to send the ticket cost to them, id imagine it would be something similar. they said more details would be up later this week.

I shall be patient and wait then to see what info comes to light :) this will be my very first Malifaux tournament :D

I think I will give this a miss if its not ranked. Does anyone have a list of the ranked events for 2012 as it might end up all being based on one Mythicfox event in Harrogate and the results from the GT at this rate.

Seems a shame that this event is not ranked as the last one was well run, its in a good location for most of the country to get to and its one of the larger events.

I will wait and see what the final rules pack says, I hold out hope that maybe this will end up ranked.

Luke.

That's my hope too.

There's no full list of ranked events as it's down to each TO to choose if they want to rank their event.

I know of three or four other ranked events being planned for the first half of the year but I'll leave it to the TO's to talk about those when they're ready.