*sigh* the hog whisperer

BayouShark

so i've been running a pig boomerang list with somer ever since i started malifaux.

started off with the warpig and, like many on here, I don't think it's actually worth its SS cost, unless you're running 2 of them in tandem (high SS game) and a whisperer. So i've had a lot of success just using massed piglets.

Here's the thing. the hog whisperer gives you reactivate, heal, fly and sooey. if you're taking slop haulers, you don't actually need the heal. if you re-activate a piglet, it's pretty much dead. you should have 4 skeeters for sooey and their other goodness. so essentially, in a list without a warpig, you're paying 5 SS to give your pigs fly. that's a lot in a crew where your stuff is cheap so you can take (and make) more.

Is anyone else finding that they're taking the hog whisperer less, even in pig heavy lists? i'm seriously considering dropping it for a gremlin and another piglet. or using it to fund adding Ophelia to my pig crew.

The fly ability is what makes the pig boomerang really effective (otherwise they have to worry about severe terrain during movement to include those pushes).

Reactivate is useful for when you want to make a Piglet significant and move them (perhaps a last turn rush to complete an objective). He is a lot of points but for the Pig Boomerang he is very useful (if the points dont allow then the Slop Hauler is the first on my chopping block everytime).

interesting...

see, i couldn't bring myself to drop the hauler. without Ophelia, the hauler is what makes the gremlin gunline somewhat passable.

Have to disagree with this, the Gunline was effective long before the Slop Hauler was released. It's not the reduction in Df (which for most Models is 1 point), it's the volume of fire they generate (especially withe Ophelia who is a much better gunline buffer).

Daisy is the limited edition Hog Whisperer model (gremlin girl, hair in pigtails, in a bikini, bottle feeding a piglet. it's disturbing). Goes on ebay for about £35. Ruleswise, it is no different to the regular model.

I tend to think of her as Britney, though.

She could pass as a Britney (though that seems a bit to snobish for a gremlin). Also she is not in a Bikini, more like Daisy Dukes and a Tied Shirt. Such a lovely model.

Have to disagree with this, the Gunline was effective long before the Slop Hauler was released. It's not the reduction in Df (which for most Models is 1 point), it's the volume of fire they generate (especially withe Ophelia who is a much better gunline buffer).

no argument that ophelia is a much better gunline buffer, but without ophelia or the slop hauler you take a fair whack of damage from "woops", which your models can't sustain, even if you cheat the damage down. the drop in Df mitigates that a little but the healing flips for gremlins in range of the hauler is another bonus that keeps the gunline firing.