Update

Painted

4 Canine Remains

Sebastian

Primed

2-night terrors,

McMourning

and his doggie totem

Played a 25 soulstone game against Raspy.

Strategy Shared Escape and Survive

Raspy-

Essense of Power

Silent One

Snow Storm

Schemes-Bodyguard on Raspy and Raspy Special one of killing with her blast

Seamus

Dead Rider

Grave spirit

3x Night Terrors

Schemes-Breakthrough and Frame for Murder on Dead Rider

Intense Game that I won 3-0,

Highlights Dead Rider enganging his entire crew at once and some how surviving, both raspy, essense of power and snow storms attacks and tying his entire crew in melee for 2 and half turns. Nearly killing raspy all by itself, effectively killing his Silent one, putting 4 wounds on it and then poisoning it for 2. Raspy got to use biting chill and her melee attack this game and that was it.

Seamus moved up the side of the board and then circled over to finish off raspy, raise belles out of Raspy and the silent one, and managed to Slit Juggular Snowstorm on turn 6 with a no escape charge.

Game ends Snowstorm does his flip and can't beat 12

he dies, No models remaining for Raspy crew, I had 2 of my orginal starting crew left, my one Night Terror and Seamus so I got no points for the Main Strategy outside of the additional VP for having more models alive then my opponent. I had break through firmly as all 4 of my models were in his deployment zone at the end of turn 6. Dead Rider died to a last ditch melee strike for the essense of Power.

Raspy crew was unable to complete any of there schemes and had no points from the Strategy

Result 3-0 win for Seamus and company.

Analysis

Wow 3 night Terrors moves like few things in the game, I was in his deployment zone with in 2 turns. Could have played it sounder, by keeping the terrors out of harms way. Seamus was fun to play tonight first time he's been that for me in a while. I really just went and played the mission for the most part and worked at getting my victory points.

Dead rider is insanely good, I have nothing bad to say about him other than I don't like how h2w2 works but I actually cheated down in one instance so it would only be a single negative flip.

I think the crew I constructed fit the mission and fit the schemes well. I could have alternatively gone Dead Rider Vonschill Gravespirit but I prefered the ability to out activate my opponent and snowstorms eternal cover is annoying for ranged weapons to deal with.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I need to get some painting done for Adepticon. I finally got over my bad case of the Skyrims so I have actually made a dent in the terrian building but I got a stack of minis that need to be painted for my Guild crew and demos. Of course I see a massive case of Mass Effect 3itis coming on in two weeks. So I got to take advantage of the time I have :)

And it is official Nilus I'm coming for you and the Ressers are coming with me. Hope to see you and crush you in the finals of Masters on Friday Evening and again on Sunday :) Thanks for talking sense and making me play 3 team games 40 min break and then play a highly competitive malifaux tournament run by Nix. Can't wait just signed up for it and will be sharping our swords and i'm bringing beer for my opponents, because nothing says resser loving then some shine.

Will be having a ton of games on saturday and testing a few theories and some models I haven't had a lot of time with. Looking foward to getting some of the heavy mental lifting done on my crews for adepticon.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Objective Model evaluations

Drowned-

this model is interesting althought it is tactically vexing and not an overly solid choice. let's really look at what your getting

its a spirit and undead okay those two abilities are nice to have. Has slow to die thats a bonus, no hard 2 wound thats a fair bit of a problem. Okay Def 3 now were looking very suspect, Cb4 range 8 okay this is not good, if i'm going to take that I'll take the crooked man. Riptide range of 6 targets df does wounds affects all models within 2 inches not good. Driven by purpose I like the idea and the options this could provide pushing out of melee. Weighted down good ability for claim jump can't be pushed or pulled out of the way. Bad thing there a spirit they can walked throught.

Okay so lets talk about the potential positive tricks.

Using them as mobile blast magnets for Nicodem Decay. Def 3 and no hard to wound with no additional defenses these puppies were made to launch blast off. The undead allowing for healing with the initial hit. So thats a postive but 4 pts for that is step cost when I could just hit a dog and cheat down.

Driven by purpose drowned can move 11" a turn, 2 walks for 4" each and then a driven by purpose for 3 more. okay but thats a lot of action points to move a potentially harmful to all models model forward.

Bursting Spray when they die and they will, the plus is huge and 2dg on you and your opponents crew is not good. Again 4 stones for a model not generating a corspe counter and dying is an issue.

Gunfighter is good, but heave bile is lack luster outside of the fluid in the lungs trigger which requires a crow. Yeah another crow dependant model in a resser crew theres only 14 potential crows in the deck every turn and other models need the crow more then this model.

Riptide, I like the fact its not a r:ranged spell thats good. Even more I like the fact that its has its casting requirement baked into it. I don't like needing a 9plus to successfuly cast. I like even less its a 6in range. interestingly the fact that all models within 2" of the target must win df duel or take 2 wds could have some uses. You could Driven by purpose take a 1 wound on turn 1 double movement so that your on five wounds remaining when target is within 5 inches you start turn with driven by purpose for another wound your know sitting on 4 wounds. You then riptide, you are currently within 2" you fail your duel take 2 wounds. Cast riptide again, again fail your duel. You die take your slow to die action cast riptide again. and finally burst. That sequence if success which is dubbeous as you've wasted 3x 9+ cards to do 6 wds directly to a single target if multiple targets are about you could have done 6wds to each of them assuming terrible flips so more likely in that squece you've done an average of 3 wds directly, and then you burst giving everyone two additional.

That is the fools gold of the drowned. They could in theory get into a pile of bunched models and then rapidly riptide killing themselves, wounding you and then finish you off with bursts. The probablity and the card depletion for it to happen are highly improbably. Its a 4 stone model that is hard to justify even with nicodem using them as blast nods. Simply because a smart opponent will burst this model before it can do anything remotely useful. Its df and soulstone cost dont cut the mustard with me. That and having models with the potential to harm large clusters is great but practically it won't happend. I'm going to test a bit more with them, but i see a really big liablity in this model that will likely keep it on the shelf come tourney time. But never say never although looking at it overall the belle is just a more solid option for 4 stones even then I could buy 2 canine remains for the cost of this model. 2 activations can be game winning especially early in the game.

Too many negatives and potential fools gold with this model. I want to like it I really do, but I'm seeing some uses but the utility is not cost justifible in a competitive build in my eyes.

And it is official Nilus I'm coming for you and the Ressers are coming with me. Hope to see you and crush you in the finals of Masters on Friday Evening and again on Sunday :)

I'm glad you are bringing Ressers. That means the shock of all being dead after I am done with them won't be a new experience :)

Note: There is a good chance by Friday night I won't be coherent. Between the fact that I will have been running events since the night before and the fact that it seems everyone and there mother plans to supply me with alcohol(Everyone seems to brew there own beer but me). I am going to be lucky if I can stand up straight, let alone actually play a game that night. Of course it will just mean the pain of defeat will just be worse for all those people playing against me :)

Updates from games played yesterday

Got 2 in for Masters Practice

got 1 small game in for fun

Got a Team game in with my doubles partner.

1-1 in master practice for Shared Turf war, two tough games against one of my regular tough opponents who is also my brother. Yet again when both me and him play each other game usually comes to a position that initiative flip will decide the game and these game were no different. One game I got initative at the key moment. The next he did.

Lessons from the games:

Still firmly debating the merits of night terrors vs Necropunks in a nicodem list only biggest factors for Night Terrors-Sheer speed with the flock together rule. Biggest down side lack of recyclable materials i.e. doesn't drop a corspe counter. Still feel for Turf war alone and for the the accomplishment of breakthrough, Night Terrors are superior choice wondering about overall suitability in other strategies.

1-0 Doubles Practice for Shared Turf War 6-2 result- insane game with edge of the seat opening issues that could have made the game go either way.

How you guys liking the doubles rules?

The more we play them the better we feel about them honestly. We had a situation in the game where one of our opponents was eliminated and because of the ability for them to skip an activation if they wanted to as the other player it really keep them in the fight much longer. Which was good, I also liked that each of us had to pick a scheme. I did need a point of clarification in terms of the doubles, what can I talk to my partner about, can we look at each others control hands, is kibitzing table talk allow, we played about half the game where we didn't know what each other had and the other half with both sides looking at there partners cards. Honestly didn't change the game much either way but wanted to know as to be proper. I like the strategies that were selected so far we have done 2 of the three missions as a team game and it really makes it interesting.

Glad you are liking them, we actually did a lot of testing of them this summer and I am glad they work.

As for as team info sharing. There are no restrictions. You can show each other your hands, discuss what your hidden schemes are, and talk all you want. Honestly I think the doing it the other way doesn't foster a team spirit and its a pain in the ass to police as a TO

I'm loving the re-surged focus on Ressurectionists on the competitive level since I last prowled these forums. I look forward to seeing how everything goes, and I love the realistic pain schemes. The muted colors really give the whole faction solidarity.

I wouldn't discount The Drowned, by the way. They are objective runners that explode afterwards. You select them when you don't need full-bore speed (i.e reaching an objective counter in the middle of the board activation 1) and could use a bit of punch after all is said and done. I usually use the StD for better position, because a 4" pulse can get most of an opponent's crew. And they're -extremely- fun against Hoffman, promise.

Compare: What, exactly, do you use Night Terrors for after they claim objectives? What do Night Terrors do if your opponent sits someone on top of an objective? Drowned have answers to both of those questions beyond "Kill them with something else."

Edited by SoulG