Through the breach - A tale of three gamers

Balefirestorm

Ok Guys its finally update time! Ive been to busy painting and modelling this week to take any pictures so sorry about that.

But its been time well spent cause i have finished my 3 wicked dolls! I have also built the bases for the rest och the crew except old Z herself cause im not quite sure what im gonna do with her base but im gonna work all day tomorrow to so hopefully ill have some pictures to show ya tomorrow ;)

Anywho on to the pictures!

I followed the advice and painted each doll a different colour so one is blue one is red and one is yellow.

Lets start with the blue one

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1333

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1334

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1335

Next up is the yellow one

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1336

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1337

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1341

And last but not least the red one

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1331

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1332

And a group shot of my crew so far

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1340

These were quite fun to paint but due to some really bad placed mouldlines i found that alot of details vanished when they were sanded and scraped and some of the stitches are a little hard to make out but i did my best and i hope i doesnt look to shabby. There are still some minor details and some small highlights that has to be made and a few things need some gloss varnish but other than that they are finished so let me know what you think!

Thanks guys for the kind words! I know some of the pictures were a little unfocused But when i saw it it was already to late but its nice to hear that they werent to shabby :) ill see if i can take some better pics today :)

Im gonna start working on zoraida today and see if i cant convert her into something a little cooler ;)

Well I was always on the fence concerning the Wicked Doll models, plus if I ever played Collodi I figured I'd just use my Puppet War minis. Your treatment of them has won me over.

But rather than simply collect a bland Collodi crew I want to convert a small army of these puppets and kit them out as fully fledged (albeit ragged) soldiers - ghoulish, horrific mockeries of Guild law. Whether I would use Collodi or Zoraida as the Master I'm not sure, but either way they would be a counts-as for the Puppets' General - a demented rogue sorceror sat on a throne of his own madness. Another thought would be sculpting larger versions of them as Lieutenants (the Effigy Dolls).

Shouldn't be too expensive, but considering I'm a student and have a Marcus and Molly crew to complete, plus a McMouning temptation, I am holding you responsable if I go bankrupt =]

If I follow through I can only hope I make you proud.

Pandadirector those ideas sound awsome so i say go for it! And you have My blessing to blame me if you go bankrupt ;)

Paddy nix is of to a great start! I must say i really like the rats in his stomach, keep up the good work!

I made some progress today myself, im almost finnished with my first effigy so expect pictures tomorrow :)

Ok update time! (although just a small one)

I finnished my first effigy last night! Since the official models arent out yet i used one of the PW models, the malifaux cherub i believe. This little fellow took me about three hours to complete so its kind of quick job so be gentle :)

Some of the pictures might be a bit dark as i was experimenting with different light levels last night so you will have to excuse me for that.

Here are the pics:

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1345

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1346

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1347

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1348

Let me know what you think!

Well for a model you weren't enthusiastic about painting I've got to say you did not let that effect your craftsmanship, the model is just as nicely done as the other work you have presented. Love the purple on the base (well, the whole base really) but I'm biased there as I'm a big fan of purple. Any idea of what's next? Anyway, job well done, and as always thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind comments. Can't love every model, but that won't stop me from doing my best (or something along those lines).

Next up is my first The Stolen. Have slowly started on the base, but are not going to start painting it until the following week. After that Stolen, I guess I have to throw in a rat or two (don't count towards the final 25 ss crew. Damn you Hamelin). And hopefully I will also begin my work on the my Dreamer crew. Can't promise too much though. Hamelins crew first of all.

• 2 months later...