Kaled's Malifaux crews

Kaled

• 5 weeks later...

Evening all,

It's been a couple of weeks since I last updated this, but during that time I've started a new crew - Rasputina. So far I've painted the boxed set and a totem...

rasputina.jpg

essence_of_power.jpg

ice_golem.jpg

ice_gamin.jpg

I've also assembled Snow Storm, Wendigo and a December Acolyte, and am waiting for a Silent One and Blessed of December to arrive to round out the crew. I've also magnetised Snow so she can be based separately to Storm for use as a second Silent One. It might be a while before these get painted as I'll be busy for the next couple of weeks, but I should have another update shortly as I have one more model finished who I'll go photograph shortly...

- Dave

And, after a short break during which I finished her base, I'm back with Miss Terious - the latest member of my Lady Justice crew.

miss_terious.jpg

Now that I've seen her photographed I'm going to go back and tidy up the front of her vest and maybe add a little more ivy to the gravestone. I plan to start playing Rasputina and Justice in the near future, so once I finish the December Cultists I'll probably paint a couple more Guild models. Maybe a Warden? Or another Austringer? Or perhaps some Riflemen when they're released? Not yet sure what would work best with this crew...

- Dave

• 1 month later...

Evening all,

I decided to take a break from painting my Rasputina crew to build and paint my Hanging Tree. I decided that I was going to put in a bit more effort and make it the centrepiece of a creepy overgrown graveyard. As you can see, I decided not to use the small hanging trees as Hanged and instead used them in the graveyard (with one chopped down to just a stump).

IMG_5842a.jpg

IMG_5864a.jpg

IMG_5863a.jpg

And here are a few shots of my Nicodem and Lady Justice crews going about their business...

IMG_5849a.jpg

IMG_5867a.jpg

IMG_5870a.jpg

IMG_5860a.jpg

IMG_5859a.jpg

IMG_5873a.jpg

Building this was fun I'm really looking forwards to getting back to painting my Rasputina crew - I used them in a game the other week and really liked them so am keen to paint her some new minions - so expect more updates soon...

- Dave

P.S. Apologies that the photos are a bit grainy - it's just too big to fit in my usual lightbox setup.

• Like 1

Amazing looking hanging tree! What did you use for the bits of growth on it? Those really add a lot, turning IMO one of the weak parts of the model to a strength.
Thanks. Do you mean the ivy around the stone? If so that's Army Painter Poison Ivy. I also used a few small clumps of Woodland Scenics Clump-Foliage.

Evening all,

As planned I got back to painting my Rasputina crew and have managed to finish three models in a weekend which is really good going for me.

First up, Rasputina's totem - the Wendigo;

wendigo.jpg

Next was the Blessed of December;

blessed_of_december.jpg

And finally Snow, who I've magnetised so she can be used as a Silent One or based along with Storm. Now I just need to use Ratty's templates to make a card for her.

snow.jpg

I've also started on the other Silent One - hopefully it won't take too long to finish her and then there's just the December Acolyte and Storm to go...

- Dave

• Like 1