Mining Town Demo Board Project

Antiquitas

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Demonn

Just a short break for some fun, but itching to get back into it.

Have you settled into your craftroom yet?

I'd like to see how you have set it up, and whether you have organised a His and Hers section to lure your girlfriend into the hobby!

Hope to see some more stunning masterpieces soon.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I've set it up. :D

unfortunately it's really small 2m x 2m... (and I had to cram all my stuff in it which used to fill my other room which was 3,5m x 3,5m). I'll take some pics over the weekend and post it so you'll be able to see what kind of Horror vacui is in there :D

anyway, I've finished my Von Schill crew - they are online already in Demonn's Lair so you can check them out. now I'm doing a project for my club. The three of us are making a whfb Empire Wizard each. It has to be finished in time for our annual exhibition where they'll enter a competition and afterwards we'll sell those minis on an auction and raise funds for our club... I have 3 weeks to finish him..

Hi Marko,

Von Schill's are awesome! I love the pumpkins and wanted posters. How did you make your trees and leaves? Madame Sybelle (Collette) is cool - very nice paint job - and much prettier and alluring than fat sybelle!

I must have a go at your river technique - stunning - so when I have finished Mike's boards I am going to make some more to the set for myself and my cousin Matt (he - and his girlfriend Abby - are just getting into the game, so I have semi-permanently loaned them Zoraida, Collodi and Leveticus sets with a few extras to paint up and play).

Good luck with the Empire Wizard - cool idea for fund raising!

Inspiring work! Keep them coming.

How did you make your trees and leaves?

I made the trees from the branches of the trees from the Citadel Woods box (the plastic forrest with 3 trees in it). just pinned them and painted them... afterwards I added GF9 clutter (autumn). I glued them with PVA, let it set for a day, then I covered it with superglue - so the spongelike structure becomes really rigid. I then drybrushed it yellow, red and orange... That's about it - simple really.. (although time-consuming)

I must have a go at your river technique - stunning - so when I have finished Mike's boards I am going to make some more to the set for myself and my cousin Matt (he - and his girlfriend Abby - are just getting into the game, so I have semi-permanently loaned them Zoraida, Collodi and Leveticus sets with a few extras to paint up and play).

if you have any questions about the process of making the water from various water effects, just ask (here or in my topics, don't matter). I have tried a lot of various techniques and products so I'll gladly help if I can..

Good luck with the Empire Wizard - cool idea for fund raising!

I hope it'll work.. it's our first time trying such a thing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...