ice golem alternative

smurfORnto

I'll second the ice elemental as a solid choice for an Avatar Rasputina. Picked one up for just such a purpose.

dea0bs.jpg

6dr8ly.jpg

5wh3yb.jpg

Fairly easy to convert too; the limbs are separate, as is the tail. The head is all one solid piece, and I'd probably recommend picking up something different unless you like bird faces. You'll really need to pin it too, since it's solid pewter and doesn't really sit well without it.

But hey, slap a female torso in the middle and you're pretty much good to go.

Some of the large Shard models form Vor by F.A.S.A. would also be good if you can find them & the suggestion of an alternative for the Rasputina avatar appeals to me as I like the Wyrd one but an not so sure of the naked female torso bit & was considering leaving it out, filling the hole & sculpting it to match the rest of the model.

dag_dag_dic_ele_102_000_01_large.jpg

Swear I've seen this in Blue.

blue resin eh? I wonder how that would look with a really delicate white drybrushing... I can imagine just straight resin it would look kinda cheap/action figurey... but with a touch of paint to kiss the edges I wonder if it would actually look icy

Another method of getting that frosted Ice effect on that clear resin would be a light misting of Super Glue. If it is only available in the clear resin then follow this up with a glaze of P3 Turqoise ink or GW Hawk Turqoise for that Glacial Ice look.

For extra effect get your hands on some Woodland Scenics Snow flock and Woodland Scenics Water Effects for realistic wet snow.

This is close to how I made my Ice Pillars for Rasputina.