It's a really impressive piece and the only explanation I can find for you being out is simply that the competition is very strong, all of those top 8 entries were very good. Still, this one would definitely be among my top three.

thanks guys!

It's a really impressive piece and the only explanation I can find for you being out is simply that the competition is very strong, all of those top 8 entries were very good. Still, this one would definitely be among my top three.

I agree, all the competition was strong but it still doesn't soften the blow that the third ranked entry is out. but that's what makes IP fun, I guess...

and now it's funtime in IP for me. The advantage to being in the ITIC is that there is no pressure on the painter to make something the judges like. one can make an entry that he likes and have a blast doing it!

*grin*

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

...and to soften the blow, I just ordered Sherlock Holmes model from Infamy range (check the Miniature Matters subforum)...

can't wait for it...

Edited by Demonn Agram

here is the first WIP photo of the rest of my outcasts that I'll be using with Von Schill.

outcasts_002.jpg

they'll all be on autumn bases like my Freikorpsmen with pumpkins to match.

I'll be using Steampunk Dorothy as a trapper and Sue as a desp.merc. (since he cannot go with the ruthless models...)

My club (UMS "Agram") organized a fund raising a while ago. The club got three identical WHFB Empire wizards sprues from our LGS as a promo so we in the club decided that three painters would get the sprues and make some wizards, the only rule being that we could use only the stuff on those sprues and nothing else (except some greenstuffing).

Afterwards they'd go on an auction on our forum and with the funds raised we'd get some scenery (or materials for making scenery) for our tournaments and events.

In the end we got a pretty penny and this is my wizard:

wiz2-04.jpgwiz2-03.jpg

wiz2-02.jpgwiz2-01.jpg

So, finally I'm out. Bexley beat me fair and square. Still hurts to be the third highest scorer of the entire 4th round and to be out - but such is the competition.

anyway, I decided to make an entry for every round in IP8.

Round 5 theme is: It's alive!

Being in the ITIC has it's advantages: you don't have to think what'll the judges like, you can do whatever you like - it doesn't really matter.

After a day or two of thinking I had my theme. I was going to do a couple of kids poking and prodding a dead animal. but it wasn't dead!

so, who would the kids be? well, I had a couple of GW hobbits who'd do the trick. Once I took them out of the bitz box, they looked a lot like Old West kids to me. That sparked the idea I went with in the end. I had to have a couple more minis for it. Fortunately, Whyspyr sent me a cool looking mini (as booty for beating her in Round 2) - so thanks to her again!

IP8-R5-WIP_001.jpg

I then proceeded to make the scene. It would be a bank of a river with a path following the bank. A huge tree would be there and a forrest behind a low brick wall..

IP8-R5-WIP_006.jpg

Someone asked me how I did the lillypads - so here it is:

They are really easy to make

Just make a small green stuff ball, press it to make a circle. Leave to dry a bit and imprint the lines going from center to the outer rim. Leave to dry fully. Afterwards cut out a slice (like pizza) and make a hole in the centre (for a pin).

Then take out a piece of paper and draw a flower (5 or 6 petals). Cut it out and punch a hole through it with a pin and guide the pin through the hole in the GS pad. And there you have it.

all that's left is to paint it...

IP8-R5-WIP04.JPG

Then all that I had to do was to paint the rest of the minis and make the treetop on the huge GW tree and paint it. This is the final result:

IP8-R5-ITIC.jpg

P.S.

No animals were harmed in making this diorama!

C&C really welcome as always

• 4 weeks later...

finally decided it's about time to paint some Wyrd minis. To finish my Outcast crew led by vonKill I need to paint some desp.mercs, conv.gunslingers etc. They all are autumn based with halloween stuff on their bases.

So this weekend I painted Convict Gunslinger:

101_0806.jpg

101_0805.jpg

101_0807.jpg

I also painted Hans (which I plan on using as an extra trapper):

101_0812.jpg

101_0811.jpg

next up is female desp.merc.:

101_0809.jpg

101_0810.jpg

and finally Sue (which I guess I'll use as male desp.merc - since he can not go with ruthless vonKill):

101_0801.jpg

101_0802.jpg

101_0803.jpg

101_0804.jpg

yet to do:

male desp.merc, Steampunk Dorothy (yes, I know she's not Wyrd - but I'll use her either as a trapper or fem.desp.merc.), McTavish (expect a pumpin on a wooden pier of 50mm bayou base insert :) ) and Hamelin the nonMaster...

all C&C are welcome!

Yesterday was a busy day and I managed to finish my last IP8 entry.

The theme was (somewhat unoriginal as it is the final round of this year's competition) Last One Standing.

I therefore chose to do a straightforward approach to the said theme and go out with a ton of testosterone!

I made the scene out of high density polystyrene and chose my minis:

IP8-R6-ITIC-WIP01.jpg

After finishing the build of the scene, I proceeded to paint it:

101_0794.JPG

101_0796.JPG

To model the seafoam and the waves I used Vallejo Extra Heavy Gel. It's a white pastelike supstance that dries clear...

101_0799.JPG

After the Heavy Gel finally set (after a week or so) I painted the seafoam:

101_0813.JPG

All that was left to do was to paint the minis...

And this is the end product:

IP8-Rd6-ITIC.jpg

Here's a little tutorial I promised about making pumpkins.

First thing to do is to get a load of small balls. You can make them from green stuff, but I used small golden balls used for decorating cakes.

101_0758.JPG

Yes, I know they are made of sugar :) but I covered them with PVA after I pinned them on some toothpicks (for easier manipulation)

101_0764.JPG

After the glue sets, I used liquid green stuff to make the contours of the pumpkins.

101_0769.JPG

You can use regular GS if you wish to make more prominent features. (I did that on my original vonSchill bases):

marko01.jpg

however, by using carefull painting (layering and stark contrasts) you can make it work with just liquid green stuff. Also, it greatly increases the speed of the process. note, I did 20 pumpkins in a single sitting...

While waiting for the LGS to set and dry, I did the tendrils. I used thin copper wire I Wrapped around a stick or something with a circular cross-section. Afterwards just cut it in the length you need.

101_0770.JPG

Painting. start with Dark flesh (Note: I'm using old GW colours and have no clue what the new names are - so bare with me... *grin*), adding more Blood red to it with each new layer until it is just the pure Blood red. afterwards add Fiery Orange until you get the shade you want. Final highlight use Golden Yellow.

101_0776.JPG

Now, add the tendrils and the leaves (I used GW etched brass ones I got in the Whfb Basing kit (I think...*grin*)). I used superglue to glu them together...

101_0777.JPG

Afterwards, paint it. using greens..

101_0785.JPG

and that's it.

@Darios: how do you do yours?

I'll try to make a tutorial when i get the next round of them done... *g*

Actually i mak them wholy from GS... including the tendrils...

but you're way sonds interesting... i might try that out too as it seems much faster...

I've been feeling pretty creative yesterday and I decided to make my own supply wagon.

I used a lots of bitz, including: rims from a Mercedes Benz plastic kit, 40k barrel, steamtank chimney, torso of a 40k Ork Meganob, some barrels from a Matchbox car and some 4ok ork trukk bitz...

anyway this is a wip photo shoot:

001.jpg

connect the chimney to the barrel and the barrel to the Meganob torso. Put the wheels (from axle) on the place where the arms of the Meganob would go. Add some levers for steering.

004.jpg

add a ladder from the ork trukk as a base for the barrels (matchbox).

and in the end add the rear axle with the wheels from the Mercedes..

0061.jpg

in pt2 of this tutorial, I'll do the paintjob...

In the end just a quick photo of the minis I need to paint for my Outcast crew:

007.jpg

After playing with my bitz box, I decided to remove the chair from the wagon and replace it with one of the servitors (from Karamazov 40k box) - so the wagon has a driver now.

0_002.jpg

and then I started painting the wagon:

0_004.jpg

0_005.jpg

tomorrow, I'll put the photos of the finished wagon...