Puppet Wars Battefoam Bag

Da Big Baws

It has slots for a total of 24 puppets. The starter + multiplayer expansion + the expansion sets already total 48 puppets. What's the point of designing a bag that will only hold the base box and leave no room for expansions?

I think the PACK C4 is much better than this one.

Edited by evilmerlin

Honestly I wouldn't waste your time with this bag unless they improve upon it greatly. From what I've seen, its very much not what you need for this game. There has been no new word on this for a while and personally, i just hope it's scrapped. I'm not a fan of Battlefoam to be honest, but this is absolutely not what you need for the game. You want to be able to carry all of your collection, or most of it with you. Hopefully, the fact that this hasn't made any movement in a while is a sign they are redoing it. It would be nice to have a bag for the game that better fit the needs of the players.

Otherwise for now, just go with a different bag if you need one. KR Multicase makes some truly amazing bags and their foam is (IMO) better then what Battlefoam uses (ie no models have lost whole sections of paint to their foam). But at the same time, some of the Battlefoam bags using maybe the custom tray designer could hold a TON of puppets if your willing to pay for it. Then there are a few other small companies out there to. Basically... I'd shop around before committing to any of them and maybe Battlefoam will come back with a better case in time.

Edited by karn987

Looks neat for replacing the starter set box (which is absolutely necessary), but as has been stated above, not really big enough for the serious (or half serious) player.

I have a KR Aquilla 4 with 3 x 25mm half trays to hold 75 puppets, plus a pick & pluck half tray with enough space for counters, stat cards, pens, etc. The fate decks, rules & board fit in the external pocket.

Will try and take some pics this weekend.

I have to say, I love Battlefoam (carry all my current models in it) and am also dissapointed that the puppet wars bag is not sufficient for the game.

I will be using a C4 bag with 2 custom foam cut-outs. For those who are interested and do not want to re-create the custom cut-outs, you should be able to download the following.

BFC4PWtop-1.jpg

BFC4PWBtm.jpg

Now if only we had news of Lucius......

Edited by nix

I love BattleFoam. i have a few of their bags for various things and I have ordered custom trays that are awesome. I love the trays they did for the "Corridor Space Game". However, I think they dropped the ball on this bag. I appreciate that they tried to go small. But, they went too small. It won't hold the figs that are currently available. Let alone the ones coming out. I will still be using their trays that I will create in the custom tray creator ( as I love their trays. But, I'll make my own toybox.

I have to say, I love Battlefoam (carry all my current models in it) and am also dissapointed that the puppet wars bag is not sufficient for the game.

I will be using a C4 bag with 2 custom foam cut-outs. For those who are interested and do not want to re-create the custom cut-outs, you should be able to download the following.

BFC4PWtop.jpg

BFC4PWBtm.jpg

Now if only we had news of Lucius......

A Custom Foam C4 Bag costs $70. Would that be better than the comparable say 2 Puppet Wars bags ($40 times 2)?

A Custom Foam C4 Bag costs $70. Would that be better than the comparable say 2 Puppet Wars bags ($40 times 2)?

I am not sure. The trays I laid out hold far more than 2 puppet wars bags, and I already have a C4 case. The puppet wars bag only holds 24 models, and does not have a nice spot for the Puppet cards.

If it required picking up a new C4 case plus the 2 sets of foam, I might still go with the $70 personally. Then again I am a bit of a fanatic.

If i didn't love my toybox so much i would go with Nix's idea. I mean i like the puppet wars bag but Bleg on the inside :(. Don't mean to hate but it just doesnt suit the needs of today's on the go puppet army.

Antizombie, I love your toybox. You should figure out how to mass produce them!

Antizombie, I love your toybox. You should figure out how to mass produce them!

It's like i told D graz. I have a loyal army of slave frogs but they are just useless with an exacto. I doubt anyone would swap them for children so currently i am out of luck and have a surplus of poor frog labor.

Now if only i could trap another flying monkey...

Yeah it just doesn't hold enough puppets. I am not anti-battlefoam but I really dislike there

Nix, if you have not ordered yet you should consider nixing(no pun intended) the squares and going with circles that you can drop your models into. Most models will fit into 1" circles(a few need 1.5").

I need to order some custom foam for my jewelery box. Of course first I need to really paint some puppets(and play more games)