Going to start a Leviticus Crew

magicpockets

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not wrong...you cannot select a totem for Leveticus...what they are saying is that if levi takes molly, then molly can have a totem (which is hired by Leveticus)

Ok, thx, now I got it. The sentence was misleading since Leveticus in itself can't hire a totem, just after he takes a Henchman.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I am also trying out a Levi crew for the first time and have a couple questions to just throw out there if anyone wouldn't mind answering (not to hijack topic) I'm really not well practised in my theoryfaux

1. A&D: Choose your fate, just out of curiosity, in rising powers it says if the charge didn't do any damage, summon a steampunk abomination etc. Does this apply even if say, the model charging didn't reach A&D? Or does it have to actually hit it?

2. Is there any real benefit to taking Lazarus outside of fighting guild or constructs? seems rather costly...

3. Should I plan on starting off with a few Steampunk abominations, or just really on summoning them the whole time?

4. Finally, I love the riders but does the Mechanical rider have a place in a Levi list outside maybe one including his avatar? Also has the release date been announced regarding Pale rider?

Thanks again!

Hey! I am also trying out a Levi crew for the first time and have a couple questions to just throw out there if anyone wouldn't mind answering (not to hijack topic) I'm really not well practised in my theoryfaux

no problem, i'll give my two cents.

1. A&D: Choose your fate, just out of curiosity, in rising powers it says if the charge didn't do any damage, summon a steampunk abomination etc. Does this apply even if say, the model charging didn't reach A&D? Or does it have to actually hit it?

general consensus here is that you would have to flip and not hit.

2. Is there any real benefit to taking Lazarus outside of fighting guild or constructs? seems rather costly...

well... not too much experience with him but uh... his unload ordinance trigger looks mighty sexy to me.

3. Should I plan on starting off with a few Steampunk abominations, or just really on summoning them the whole time?

YMMV. I like having some if you are playing with ashes and dust as it gives it something to contort to. Combining them into a Desolation engine is a great threat but without A&D to prevent it loosing wounds every time it does something. If you can get it into melee when you combine it then it can heal itself pretty nicely. SPAs are created by your crew pretty readily and are frequently a better threat of a DE than actually having the DE on the table. The DE is one model where as if they have to deal with four, they are using a TON of resources to deal with them, and keeps them constantly on the defensive.

4. Finally, I love the riders but does the Mechanical rider have a place in a Levi list outside maybe one including his avatar? Also has the release date been announced regarding Pale rider?

Sure. Use whatever works. I will say that the dead rider has a TON of use in the crew even if you just use him to move Leveticus around. The hooded rider is really amazing as well as you can start him out with the ability that keeps him from being targeted by ranged attacks and switch off when you get into melee to allow Leveticus to give him blessings of desolation to start creating SPAs in their face. I find A&D better than the hooded rider for a SPA machine but I have not played with the avatar yet and may find things different when I do. Pale rider should be out in May.

Thanks again!

any time.