Templecon 2012

joelmmorgan

Hi,

im pretty new to malifaux and would love to play a game sometime on saturday with someone who could help me out and give me some tips, advice, etc during a game.. Dont know if anyone out there with some good experience who might wanna play?

thanks, lemme know.

-earl-

I'll be around all weekend. So if you want to get a game in let me know. I will be trying to get into the event on Saturday but if I can't I'll be up for open play.

Sorry again everyone been really busy with getting ready for the Con and School semester starting back up.

First the Scrap is currently at 10/12 I have decided that although I would love to play that if we get to 12 and a 13th comes I will give them my spot.

Second the Brawl is currently 2 people neither of which has a teammate, feel free to register for the brawl on Friday or Saturday and if you have teammates make sure they register too. The time restraints on the Brawl is tight because clean up is suppose to start at 6pm Sunday.

Feel free to come by on Friday and play some games or help out with running some Demos I have 4 people registered for it and a 5th that has showed interest.

Finally The Shared Strategies for the Scrap are:

Round 1 - Shared Line in the Sand

Round 2 - Shared Claim Jump

Round 3 - Shared Slaughter

Round 4 - Shared Turf War

Shared Strategies for the Brawl are:

Round 1 - Shared Slaughter

Round 2 - Shared Turf War

Round 3 - Shared Plant Evidence

Round 4 - Shared Reconnoiter

Wyrd sent 6 Items for Prize Support!!

- Seamus, The Mad Hatter Alt Sculpt

- Flesh Construct

- Witchling Stalkers

- Sonnia, Avatar of Conflagration

- 2x Puppet Decks

I will Gladly let the forums know how it turns out with the Brawl.

I'm really looking forward to the events. Also it seems like there should be space for both events (saturday and sunday). So I strongly encourage people to check it out if you are going. Also I can speak for at least two of us, that we are not gaming neanderthals w/ 20,000 games played. So if you are new to the game, have interest in playing, and are planning to be at templecon with a crew (or a few), join in the fray. It should be a fun event.

See you guys/gals there,

Chris "alegionaire" flores

i saw the event, sad that the terrain provided was so sub par considering how essential terrain is to the game. i also talked to the orginizer, and despite some set backs he looked like he pulled through in fine style. i wanted to get in on the event but by the time i saw it the event was full. i would be happy to help get something rolling for next year, i signed up to be a henchmen months ago, but i sit in limbo with many others.

good showing none the less.

I had an enjoyable individual's event despite the chaos in the beginning and the obviously sub-standard terrain. Shooting was deadly in most games, cuz you couldn't hide. I wish I played a little better in the final game vs Jonah (and the return of Lady J). But all of my games were fun. The players were nice guys, good sports and made for some challenging games. Also it was fun to fit in a quick training game for a new player in between rounds.

In addition, being the only Neverborn player there that I saw...was a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to the next event and playing with more of my stuff.

By the way, I swung by to check out the doubles event ("Brawl") and didn't see it. Did it go off?

Thanks again to everyone!

Chris "Alegionaire" Flores

I had an enjoyable time despite the few cluster messes in the beginning. Like the standard gamer I got my complaints, like having to face Ortegas on an open field in shared slaughter with my only choices really being to play showgirls or Kaeris. Curse you! *shakes fist angrily at the sky* Nice to see there is other players in the area, we really should get more events going in the area. Maybe I can actually get stuff painted by then granted I know have to resemble half my crew as I dropped them putting them in my car.

Anyways nice meeting everyone!

I enjoyed the games I played up there vs a Kirai and Raspy (in a wide open field).. but besides the hiccup getting going and the lack of terrain the players were all friendly and the games were good (even the Raspy wide open killing field)

And I really enjoyed the diverse selections I was seeing. I was ready to just pass on the tournie if I saw tons of dreamers or pandora's and I didn't see one! It was very refreshing..

Hopefully the GenCon tournies will have that nice relaxed, not a ton of dreamers or pandora's, sort of games.

Thank you Everyone for going to the Event on Saturday I was amazed by the turn out we literally doubled the turn out of last year. Sorry for the chaos and lack of terrain other than that it was great and I am glad you all had fun.

Sundays event fell through sadly maybe next year. Also on a good note Grant one of the Co-founders for TempleCon was unbelievably thrilled by the turn out Saturday and I thank all of you who came for the help and patience you had throughout the chaos and can't wait till next year!