Templecon 2012

joelmmorgan

Any updates on the Mallifaux or Puppet Wars happenings at Templecon 2012?

I played in the one tournament they had last year and it was awesome. I can't wait to sign up for Wyrd events this year.

I am planning on bringing my Puppet Wars no matter what just to get in casual games.

Will there be Puppet Wars tournaments? I wonder how that would work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone nice to see people already excited about the event here is what will be going on at Templecon 2012 as far as I have planned:

Friday Demos

1pm-8pm

Saturday 25ss Scrap tournament

1pm-1:30pm Sign-up

1:30pm-3pm Round 1

4pm-5:30pm Round 2

6pm-7:30pm Round 3

8pm-9:30pm Round 4

10pm Standings

Sunday 50ss Pairs Brawl (25ss/25ss)

9am-9:30am Sign-up

10am-11:30am Round 1

12pm-1:30pm Round 2

2pm-3:30pm Round 3

4pm-5:30pm Round 4

6pm Standings

I would like to do a larger SS pool I also feel 25 is small. I will try and contact some Henchman and see if they can help out if so I will talk to the site Mod and have him errata the SS pools. Also I am contacting Wyrd for Henchmen and convention/tournament support.

Edited by Evinky

For Scrap your are free to change your list and faction so you can adapt to the changing scenario. For the Brawl however you can change your list but your factions are set. Each of the 4 rounds will bring with it a different scenario.

Just the Brawl(pairs) is 35/35 the Scrap(singles) is still 25.

For the Sunday Team/Brawl event:

Is it an actual 2 player vs. 2 player brawl? I thought I originally saw somewhere that it was a team event but the games were 1 v 1.

If it is a 2 v2 brawl, are there rules somewhere on how this works? Does each player have their own hand, inititive etc? Are the masters limited to the usual brawl team up rules?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait everyone.

Okay for the Brawl it is pairs 2v2 70ss (35ss/35ss) it is pairs in order to make turns faster and more strategic each player will have their own hands and initiative. Masters can be from mixed factions you can change the list but must stick to your faction.

Such as if the pair is Lady Justice and Lilith for your first match than you are set to Guild and Neverborn as your pairs factions.

the Strategies will be preset and Shared each master will have 1 scheme so a pair will have 2 schemes total.

I will post this week what the Strategies will be for both the scrap and brawl and for all those who pre-registered for the events at TempleCon I will be E-mailing them such.

Also Nathan/Wyrd has sent Prize support for the Scrap and Brawl When I post the Strategies I will also announce the Prizes:blast

Sorry for the late reply Dolomyte okay so each round of the tournament is 120 min each round in game will be 20 min each team will have 10 min for their activation step each teammates will activate at the same time. There will be 2 initiatives not 4. Each player will still have their own hands and fate deck but only 1 person from each team will flip for initiative. Sorry for the confusion. I will be posting the prizes and Shared Strategies later tonight after work.

Please let the forums know how the team tourney works. I know there are several of us developing team rules and I think after a few test runs we should all come together and discuss what worked and what didn't.

I am a bit concerned with 70 Stone Team games in only 2 hours. We are extending our 50 stone team tourney at Adepticon to 150 minutes because we found in testing that 2 hours just wasn't long enough for that big of game.