How to get a Teddy?

zKoTTe

I just dont get it...

The Teddy is the only model that is unrestricted. You can have a full Teddy army, and there are 5 different Teddies. Why on earth would you randomly pack them... Nobody is going to be buying 32 dollar boxes of miniatures to get a possible random model... I purchased a base set, an expansion box, and two (yes two) copies of pawns 1, 2, and 3 Thats a base set and 7 boosters, and received no teddy...

Typically, the bonus random model is a super collectable and overpowered model, not an unlimited pawn.

However, I went to ebay, and bought some 20mm teddy charms, and put them on bases. Cost me about 10 bucks total and some glue. You will have to go to the main site and print out "cards" for the Teds, but I had little choice, as Teddy fits into every army well...

Maybe at this time they are just randomly giving away the Teddy models now and will plan to sell them in the future. So if you get one you are lucky but hopefully you will be able to buy them in the future.

They did this for a few Malifaux models, Nightmare Chompy Bits and he is just limited edition. You never know sometimes they are just WYRD!

And I love it!

They did this for a few Malifaux models, Nightmare Chompy Bits and he is just limited edition. You never know sometimes they are just WYRD!

The Nightmare Editions are a different situation. They are just alternate models for something that one can get from the standard product line. Right now, Teddy can only be obtained through a random insert. If the "limited edition" Puppet Wars figures are never released in the standard product line, then getting them will require a rather large monetary investment. If they eventually become available for purchase, then they are more of "preview" figures, which won't irk the majority of players nearly as much.