Exorcist - one too many anti-resurrectionists?

rigol

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, with all my ressers I've taken a very limited approach to summoning. Mcm is the only one I still summon with, and that's maybe 1-2 times a game if I need to. Nothing ruins your day like being activated out and having a rogue necromancy dropped in the middle of your crew, haha.

Yeah, where Nicodem succeeds is board control. Plus there's nothing quite like summoning something in base contact with an enemy model holding the Treasure, and then having it take its (1) action to steal it.

The other thing I find is a lot of the time what's stops me from summoning is lack of high value cards not lack of corpses/seishin.

Amen to that, but corpse counters are receiving additional utility beyond a simple summoning resource; Seamus is tossing them, our effigy is allowing models to "eat" them for flips, etc. So really, they're becoming valuable outside of a strict summoning context.

Amen to that, but corpse counters are receiving additional utility beyond a simple summoning resource; Seamus is tossing them, our effigy is allowing models to "eat" them for flips, etc. So really, they're becoming valuable outside of a strict summoning context.

Seamus loses the ability to summon, so he's not needing them for that. The throw is nice but only if there is not anything better to do. Normally getting yourself back into combat so you don't get shot to hell is a better thing to do. So I don't really think he counts.

I agree that there is now the Effigy, and having lots of corpses to eat is nice, but I see that a luxury not a right.

Pretty sure this means nothing, but I just wanted to see for curiousity sake

Book 1 - Guild Versus Neverborn

Guild

Wk / Cg / Wp / Ca / DF / Wd / CBm / CBr / "sploof"

4 6 6 5 4 7 5 4 9

Neverborn

5 7 5 5 5 7 5 0 9

Sploof is defined as spells, abilities, triggers, etc. everything but the statline.

As you can see, in book one, they were very even, the guild had an advantage of "2" stat line points, mostly caused by only 2 neverborn models having guns. If a model had no melee attack I used the CB for bash

In book 2

Guild

4 6 6 4 4 7 4 3 11

Neverborn

5 7 5 5 5 6 5 1 14

Interestingly in book 2 the neverborn have taken the stat line advantage by "1" point, despite the still obvious disparity in shooting.

Also interesting, is that the neverborn have a significantly higher amount of rules per model then the guild do in book 2, some of this could be attributed to the dreamer and lord chompy bits, but being that I simply divided by 2 instead of totaling and dividing by 1, it should not matter that much (note I removed duplicate abilities on those two, as well)

Stats comparison is pretty interesting. *Sploof* side cannot be averaged that easily.

Sploof may contain hard to wound or armor for example - these are the easiest to quantify, but they change the value of Wound stat completely.

Sploof may contain Immune to influence and change the value of Wp completely.

And that doesn't even touch complex relations, like mutual healing of Lelus and Lilitus.

I'm afraid there's no getting over the hard work - serious playtesting is needed. It's apparently been already done by Wyrd. It possibly can bring some new points if done by the entire community. But there's no other way to compare these things.

To be absolutely honest Ressurectionists can

• Make smaller minions into larger ones.
  • They can replace models that they have lost as most of your models drop resources on death.

They can do this without relying on the enemy at all. To be honest this is not awful. They have a few ways of generating counters.

• Mortimer can dig for them
  • McMourning can use "A Piece for Me" on any model.
  • Kirai can summon Ikiryo, who generates a seishin on death. bringing Spirits into the game without the opponent.
  • Avatar Nicodem can create Corpse Counters.

So they are fairly solid without needing your opponents models to drop corpse counters. There also seems to be this belief that if a Ressurectionist model isn't Summoning they aren't doing anything worthwhile. Which is rubbish, Summoning costs AP, if your summoning your not swirling a model where you need it, or Bolstering your troups, Or ripping things up with Scalpel Slinging.

I would be inclined to agree with you more except that both the Rezzer schemes involve corpse counters. Both of which are highly gimped if you opponent does not drop counters. Nico's also revolves around counters, but I do not want to get into a schemes discussion at the moment. My problem is not with the now, now I think there is a enough variety to for things to work out. I just think if too many Book 2s come out, then there could be serious problems.