How to play Puppet Wars videos

Justin

Did I miss something in the rules about Master puppets. How can they move a model into the spare parts heap(or whatever its called) :)

Edit: Nevermind found it. Just realized thats pretty tricky. I read the ability as sacrificing a puppet to get two cards, but it also gets you an upgrade. Very interesting.

Edited by nilus

Many thanks from all of us poor suckers a long way from the states. We shall not be getting copies of Puppet Wars for some time. This has given us a great feel of how the games looks and plays. The cards, models, board and character/upgrade sheets, look great, but the board tokens look a bit fiddly. It looks like they will slide about too easily, even without a great feline beastie on the loose. Great review and insight. Can't wait to play it. Cheers!

Thanks a lot for your videos. I now am even more impatient to get my hands on my order. (I realize I don't know when it will ship. Is Wyrd already shipping online gencon orders or do I have to wait for the official release?)

I have a question: how is the included rulebook compared with the online rules? Mostly the same? A lot more detailed?

Another question comes to my mind: there seems to be two types of bases (grey and black from your video) which is a good thing to differenciate both toyboxes but I have understood there are no restriction to the puppets list creation so how to select which base goes to what puppet? Anyone knows a simple way to mark what toybox a puppet belongs to? Are there "sur-bases" coming in different colors (say red and green to match the workbenches)? I think I've already seen something like that. I have to search.

Thanks a lot for your videos. I now am even more impatient to get my hands on my order. (I realize I don't know when it will ship. Is Wyrd already shipping online gencon orders or do I have to wait for the official release?)

I have a question: how is the included rulebook compared with the online rules? Mostly the same? A lot more detailed?

Another question comes to my mind: there seems to be two types of bases (grey and black from your video) which is a good thing to differenciate both toyboxes but I have understood there are no restriction to the puppets list creation so how to select which base goes to what puppet? Anyone knows a simple way to mark what toybox a puppet belongs to? Are there "sur-bases" coming in different colors (say red and green to match the workbenches)? I think I've already seen something like that. I have to search.

Wyrd is working through their back log of orders from Gencon as we speak. The last time they posted on it, I think they were nearing the half way point? They are probably past it now and moving along nicely. But if you ordered PW during the Gencon time you should get it before the general release I think... though the general release isn't to far off now.

As to the rule book, you get pretty much the same thing. Everything on the website came from the rule book and the pattern book so you should find the same content there. Obviously the layout will be a bit different because it is a book... but it will all be there along with the wealth of stuff in the Pattern book that is not on the website! Like the 5 game learn to play Puppet Wars section and a few more things.

As for the bases, there are 2 colors so that say your playing with your friend and you bot hare using the Moleman Puppet. You decide to put yours on Grey and they put theirs on black. Basically the only reason for the different color bases is to tell your Puppets appart from your friends and opponents. How you decide what color to use is up to you. You don't have to glue them into the base, 99% of them fit in snuggly and don't wobble much. Or you could magnet them up, it's really how much work you want to put into it.

As for the small bases, the Button Bases, I think Eric said they will eventually have a different color base pack that you can buy. But I dont think those will be ready for the general release.

As for a simple way to mark what puppet belongs to what toybox, well thats what the bases are sorta for. If you don't like that, there are a ton of different ways to do things. You could put a bit of wire on them and add beads to differentiate them. You could do up a magnet system, stickers, etc etc. It all depends on how much work you want to put into it. If you just want a really simple solution...you could always put another hole in the base behind the Puppet and make flags you stick in.

Edited by karn987