Neverborn Book 3 Minions Rundown Request

Nephalumps

So, Necromorph was kind enough to give us all a great rundown of the Neverborn avatars (thanks very much for that!) However, that's only half the story; there's still a full set of Minions to hear about. ;)

I've read precious little about the Neverborn minions in Book 3, and I was hoping someone with the new book could drop some knowledge on me/us.

It'd be great to hear about some of the new stuff we have coming, and it'd also be nice to have it all consolidated in one spot for other curious forumites.

Thanks!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about Tuco and his Poo Gun of nasty.

LOL

Well then, starting with Tuco, he's basically an Ortega that got captured, tortured by Nekima for months, and finally succumbed, joining the Neverborn, assuming his family had given up on him.

So yeah, he's got a shotgun, and can do some cool tricks with it. He also gets a bonus against Family members. He's got a cool spell which can cause an enemy model to lose it's Faction status and not be a 'friendly' model anymore. He's also got a neat (2) action that lets him take a ranged attack, though at -2 Cb, and then move up to his Cg afterwards. Oh, and he has (+1) Nimble, so you can walk out 4", shoot, then move 6" more. He'll be a nice model for most Neverborn crews to dissuade the typical Perdita vs. Neverborn matchups.

Let's see...the others...

Iggy...he's my favorite, but that's because he'll work with Kaeris. :) He's Unique, and a Woe, but he does a bunch of stuff with Burning Tokens. He can be hired by Kaeris, but also has a new ability called Animosity, that prevents Hamelin from hiring him. He gives pieces burning tokens with his melee attack, and he also has a burning armor of sorts that grants him Bulletproof 1 and hands out more burning tokens to anything that melee attacks him. He's got Flurry, and then a nice trigger which adds +1 Dg per burning token on the target. So that trigger meshes really nicely with Flurry, IMO. He's also got a spell which does a small pulse for 2 Dg and more burning Tokens.

The Spawn Mother is kind of cool, and addition to the Silurid line. She has some various buffs for Silurid in general, but mainly she can create a 4" section of water, and then use that new water piece to help bring Gupps into the game. Gupps are small 3 SS Silurids to basically annoy the snot out of your opponent, IMO, lol. They have Leap, but they also have a nice (1) spell that allows 1 Silurid per :masks in the total (the start with 1) to immediately use their Leap spell to come to the aid of the wailing baby Gupp. :) Pretty cool. The Spawn Mother also has Poison 2 on her ranged attack I think, and the Gupps have Poison 1.

The Weaver Widow is my other favorite, and is making me more and more interested in picking up Collodi at some point. She uses 4 Corpse or Scrap tokens and can summon a Teddy. Or she can use 1 Scrap Token to summon a Wicked Doll. She can also do a (1) action to discard 2 cards and gain a scrap token. So you can summon an extra Wicked Doll every turn very easily. She also has Breathe Life, like Collodi, so I realized that you could create a VERY nasty little puppet army with her and Collodi, LOL. Though...maybe a Doll can only be affected by Breathe Life once per turn...hmmm...rules forum question (could you give both (+1) Casting Expert and (+1) Melee Expert to the dolls via Collodi and Weaver Widow?).

Lastly, there's the Mysterious Effigy.....and now I'm having trouble remembering what it does, LOL. Getting the effigies confused, and don't have the book in front of me. I know it has a (0) to give it a longer charge range. It's got a few other options, but darned if I can't remember it at the moment. Sorry! Seems like another decent Doll piece to add to the swarm.

Will have to sit down and see how many points it takes to squeeze in all of the Effigies in a crew with Collodi, haha.

I'm guessing both the Spawn Mother and Gupps are Beasts. They better be as I can see a very characterful Marcus crew there. Question, can the Spawn Mother create multiple Water features? Also is she Unique, Rare# etc?

I'm curious about the Effigies (particularly how they look), they seem like Totems MkII (i.e. for Avatars). I just really hope the Silurid stuff comes soon.

I love the love that collodi got. All the Effigys are pretty nice but 4ss a pop and the outcast effigy is my favorite it has some cool joker control such as being able to choose 2 random cards from your opponents hand and if you select a joker you get to do something (i forgot) and you can shuffle your own jokers back into your library from discard as well. The widow weaver has to be my favorite because it can summon wicked dolls fill with stones and make a teddy(who should already be a doll imo). But she is what collodi needed because his dolls kill fast and die fast (lots and lots of counters) and having someone else that can buff/create dolls is gold.

LOL

Iggy...he's my favorite, but that's because he'll work with Kaeris. :) He's Unique, and a Woe, but he does a bunch of stuff with Burning Tokens. He can be hired by Kaeris, but also has a new ability called Animosity, that prevents Hamelin from hiring him. He gives pieces burning tokens with his melee attack, and he also has a burning armor of sorts that grants him Bulletproof 1 and hands out more burning tokens to anything that melee attacks him. He's got Flurry, and then a nice trigger which adds +1 Dg per burning token on the target. So that trigger meshes really nicely with Flurry, IMO. He's also got a spell which does a small pulse for 2 Dg and more burning Tokens.

I missed that he works for Kaeris, Very cool.

The Weaver Widow is my other favorite, and is making me more and more interested in picking up Collodi at some point. She uses 4 Corpse or Scrap tokens and can summon a Teddy. Or she can use 1 Scrap Token to summon a Wicked Doll. She can also do a (1) action to discard 2 cards and gain a scrap token. So you can summon an extra Wicked Doll every turn very easily. She also has Breathe Life, like Collodi, so I realized that you could create a VERY nasty little puppet army with her and Collodi, LOL. Though...maybe a Doll can only be affected by Breathe Life once per turn...hmmm...rules forum question (could you give both (+1) Casting Expert and (+1) Melee Expert to the dolls via Collodi and Weaver Widow?).

Just for clarity, she has Affinity Collodi which lets her join a Collodi lead crew without being a Doll.

DID I MENTION SUMMON A TEDDY

I picked up Collodi & Minions because I was going threw malifaux withdraw waiting for Kaeris. Figured it would be maybe one more blister of Dolls coming out, now its turning into a new main faction. Now I need Zorida (blister), Voodoo doll, doppleganger, Weaver Widow, Iggy, effegies and a teddy.

I'm guessing both the Spawn Mother and Gupps are Beasts. They better be as I can see a very characterful Marcus crew there. Question, can the Spawn Mother create multiple Water features? Also is she Unique, Rare# etc?

I'm curious about the Effigies (particularly how they look), they seem like Totems MkII (i.e. for Avatars). I just really hope the Silurid stuff comes soon.

Hmm....I think the Spawn Mother might be Unique or Rare 1. I don't remember for sure though. They are definitely Beasts though, so yeah, lots of Marcus fun there.

She CAN create the Water feature more than once, but it takes an (all) action, I think, and the first one goes away whenever you make a new one.

The real benefit of the water though, is that all Silurids in play gain the Graverobber characteristic, and then they can take a (0) Interact action when in base contact with the water to discard a corpse counter, and create an Egg Counter on that spawning pool of water. Then, during the end of the turn, the Egg Counters become Gupps. Or something like that. Working from memory here. ;)

I do find it somewhat odd that Collodi does the whole returning minion mechanic better and more effectively than the Resser's whose design philosophy is centered around this. Ahh well =D

LOL true. Collodi and the Weaver Widow are just VERY fast at sewing. ;)