Gencon Updates!

Deadpool

My guess is that perhaps you either include the Avatar in your list or not. If included you have no choice, you must activate if you've met the requirements and it's late enough in the game. If you didn't include it in list building than you wouldn't.

But that's all 100% pure speculation.

It is indeed part of your list building. My friend says they cost 2 ss each.

Edited by alienated one
corrected myself.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be easy to get Sonnias out round 2... cast inferno round 1 and 2 and then use 2ap to get the avatar out. If I am reading it correctly. Of course she will just sit there, unless the Avatar has fast or something.

Edit. Maybe not, its 2 ap if you meet 2 requirements... could always torch a friendly. Do some damage to a desp mercanary, but dont kill him, then kill the executioner, with his slow to die kill the merc to heal fully.

Edited by trichloro

It will be easy to get Sonnias out round 2... cast inferno round 1 and 2 and then use 2ap to get the avatar out. If I am reading it correctly. Of course she will just sit there, unless the Avatar has fast or something.

Edit. Maybe not, its 2 ap if you meet 2 requirements... could always torch a friendly. Do some damage to a desp mercanary, but dont kill him, then kill the executioner, with his slow to die kill the merc to heal fully.

It may not be to your advantage to get Sonnia out on Turn two. Avatar forms change the casters. They may not change them in a way that is useful at that given time, so it might not be in your best interest to turn ASAP.

Sonnia's avatar specifically states you have to do 10 wounds to enemy models for her avatar transformation #1.

@Rhellion: I really don't see any spoilers on your site. Am I missing something?

Also V2 Executioner card changed "Loves the Job" to only work on enemy models

Yep when you Avatar comes out your totem goes away.

And I believe that if you take an Avatar and complete your conditions you must transform.

The goal with them was to balance them so they added something different to the master but did not make them an always include. Also the attempt was made to make it balanced for crews not using Avatars to play against Avatar crews and be competitive.

Sadly, Seamus has to complete his Master Scheme before he avatars, since the copycat killer is removed at step 1.

Are we sure? It's possible that the different Masters have slightly differing steps for manifesting into their Avatar. Perhaps Seamus doesn't lose his totem.

My initial feeling is that the manifest steps are probably the same for all masters to keep the game more streamlined. Plus if I were a designer I'd favor this approach as well because it allows for the creation of new general faction totems without having to try to balance them between ALL existing faction masters and avatar forms. I'd imagine totems like the love love are partly the reason for needing to make certain any totems attached to the master go bye bye before an avatar manifests.

Plus who knows how nasty Colette's avatar of 3 models in one could be with multiple doves flying around.