25ss Malifaux Tournament @ Imperial Outpost Games

Placidemu

WHERE: Imperial Outpost Games

4920 W. thunderbird Rd #121

Glendale, AZ 85306

(602) 978-0467

WHEN: Saturday August 20th, 2011 at 1PM

HOW: 5$ Entry Fee and Prizes will be given based on attendance.

This is going to be a 25 Soul Stones Fixed List Tournament using the Official Gaining Ground Tournament Rules provided by Wyrd with some exceptions:

- Bring 30ss Worth of Models with you. At the beginning of the day every participant will pick 30ss worth of models they own. This pool of models will be what they use throughout the tournament. This means that each round the list you field can be differently depending on the Circumstances of the Strategies except you DO have to keep the master the same.

- I don't expect everyone to have Fully painted crews, but if you do present a fully painted crew there may be an extra bonus for you!

- Proxies are okay to an extent. They have to be able to accurately represent the model and be easily recognizable (Meaning Peacekeeper is not an Accurate portrayal of Molly Squidpidge...).

Scoring for this event will be based on the Domination Format Tournament rules (See Gaining Ground Document for more information).

Schemes will be unique during this tournament meaning that each player can only choose each scheme once throughout the duration of the Tournament.

Strategies will be choosen by the TO (Which is Me! ) and will be a surprise to everyone! Yay Surprises!

• 3 weeks later...

Just now seeing this... looks like we scheduled events in the valley on the same day - any chance we could coordinate on Facebook or otherwise (PM, for instance) so we know when each other's events are going to be more directly? I was asked to host an event quite last-minute, and I didn't see that I was scheduling this on top of your event. I'd like to be able to send invites between all the stores in Tucson and the Phoenix area so we can expand our mutual Malifaux community, ideally, and FB or PM seems like the way to make it easiest for us. I think we'd have much better turn-outs and way more fun for that extra bit of effort, and I'll do my best to strive for that level of communication in the future if you think it would help.

L8rs,

~J~

He mentioned that these are going to be monthly (2nd to last sat of each month) events...

good event too... solid way of managing the schemes and scenarios without making stuff one-sided... and managed a 50% Guild showing very well... (as well as working with one jerkass constantly bemoaning rules arguments that didn't apply to his own games...)

I wanted to thank everyone for showing up! We had a nice turnout with 10 people so yay for that! I'm glad everyone seemed to have fun and I'm glad that my idea for strategy selection was a success, I may keep it around for next tournament if I don't decide to somehow throw story into it.

As Smigs mentioned these tournaments will be a monthly thing. They will consistently be on the 2nd to last Saturday of every month, next one being September 17th (Posting will be up probably tomorrow). But yeah Dire Hoarcat, if you want to PM me that way we can figure out what's going on with the two of us and figure out all the fun stuffs feel free, I'd be glad to work it out so we could expand the community a little bit!