A grateful reader

Rashley

A few months back I saw Malifaux being played at a Warhammer Invasion tournament in Northampton. I was intrigued by its world and concept, so joined this forum to learn more. It is a great way to learn about a game and its effects on plkayers. When the Puppet War was announced on my e-mail, I thought it looked perfect. I have to admit to absolutely loathing painting figures and makeing terrain etc. I can usually find a sucker - sorry, nice person - to paint a few figures, so this looked ideal with the hex mapboard and tokens. No more 'expanding rulers'. So a big thanks to the others on this forum and I shall be checking things out regularly. If the release is September in the US it could be longer hitting the UK. Cheers!

Hi. It was probably me either playing Malifaux or running a tournament. Malifaux is still going strong at Cranfield Conquerors, and we have another tournament planned in Northampton for October.

Once Puppet Wars comes out I'll probably run some demos at Wargames Workshop.

PM me if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks Cloussau. I shall look out for that. After talking to the organiser (you?) at the event, I bought the new Malifaux rules only booklet from my local games shop. Only the thought of makeing tabletop scenery and the dreaded painting stopped me getting started. This Puppet War boardgame looks more like my thing and will definitely be looking out for it. My miniatures gameing at present is limited to just Battles of Westeros because of the non-painting aspect and I love the books. It is a matter of getting a look inside Puppet Wars. I have heard the board and tiles are much better than the map planner seems to suggest. I prefer hexes to measuring - much cleaner and safer - and the theme looks fun. Thanks for your input. Cheers!