My Malifaux Painting Thread

Darios

Those look very good. And coherent as a group. I like the inclusion of top-down shots, especially on the belles.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

@ ttsgosadow: Thanks, jup they are. i made a Tutorial on some of my bases once, but in German *g* if you wish i could try to translate it someday..., and i thought about tuning the grass down or switch coulour alltogether but i think the contrast suits my painting style so i kept it ^^

My German should be good enough to read stuff. You have a linky?

That's some really great stuff you got there, especially taking into account the fact that you painted these so quickly. I particularly like the way you painted clothes - big contrasts work really well there, especially on Belles' dresses. Nice work on the LitS markers too. How are the fuses attached?

• 9 months later...

@ wings: thanks! well they work just right on my screen... btw. have you clicked on them... they lead to a much bigger resolution which helps whit the colour.

@ Lussuria: glad you like it! it's fairly easy to be honest... paint it black, use a dark grey and a light grey for to highlights and then just really drown it with blak wash... voila!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Been a while... well that might be euphemistic indeed...

well first of all some issues forced me away from dedicating my hobbytime for Malifaux, besides moving houses, finally making my university degree, and beeing massivly sidetracked by other wargames I'll intend to get back on the Malitrain!

thus there will be some more picutres in the future to come...

first of is the asian master of all things creepy and undead... welcome Mr. Yan lo:

YanLoPanorama_zpsb46e1664.jpg

He was (as Yin) completly painted in 3 hours during a speedpaintcontest and to honour the contest i did not work any further on him (just added the weeds to the base...)

Then i made a counter for the poltergeist to represent the "paranormal activity":

ParanormalActivity_zps0290a2d3.jpg

next up will be Miss Ery, also done for a Speedcompetition (but with some more work added later this time!)

hope you enjoy the minis and as always: C&C welcome!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a long long time... after all...

So the game is going strong again in my local scene, and attracting lots of new folks. This has inspired me to finally paint another Malifaux mini. This time something new and shiney: the Weaver Widow... I wanted the mini for my Neverborn since the times of 1.5 (and metal) and never got round to actually buy one... so i just took the new plastic now, scratched a base for it and here we go:

Weaver%20Widow%20Panorama_zpszkkpetxm.jp

Quite happy with the outcome, was a rather fast affair (inkl base and such all in all 5 hours spend on two evenings) and really got the vibes again for doing ssome more... let's see what it will be... either more Yan Lo stuff (to be able to field the old guy finally) or probabaly the Nightmare Tara Box thats been in black primer status for quite some time now.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Omenbringer said:

It has been a long while since you updated. Nice looking Widow Weaver though, reminds me I need to paint mine up soon.

You're definitly right there... Life has not really been kind ^^

but i finally got rid of a massive comission paintjob last month and finally have some breathing time for my own stuff again. So it might be possible i am able to show more in the coming times... *g*