1st Battle Report! Pandora vs Hamelin

Kogan Style

First attempt, C & C welcome!

Introduction

out in one of Malifauxs' many mine towns, a war between the Neverborn and the Outcasts of Malifaux was faught. Pandora had come to this deserted town to remove all traces of Neverborn involvement in the recent desertion, leaving the Guild no evidence that they had ever been. Little did she know that Hamelin the Plagued had been following her, hoping to take her box of Woe, and claiming its power for himself. Now was his chance...

missions

Pandora - Destory the evidence mission, 3 pieces of evidence in opponents half.

Hamelin - Kill Pandora.

schemes (bonus VPs)

Pandora - Breakthrough. Have more models in opp. deployment zone than they do

Hamelin - Kill Protegee. Kill Teddy

25SS crews

Pandora, Baby Kade, Teddy, Poltergeist, 2 Sorrows and 6 Soulstones

Hamelin, a Rat Catcher, Obedient Wretch, Stolen x 2, 4 Rats and 6 Soulstones

Turn 1

Pandora won the initiative, and spent most of the turn linking Sorrows to both Pandora and Baby Kade. Teddy cast the spell thing of nightmares to give him wings, and flew to the middle of the battlefield. the remaining models pushed up alongside Teddy in a line of Neverborn.

Hamelins turn involved moving the Wretch closer to himself, while sending the rat catcher and his swarm forward to entice the giantic flying teddy bear. Hamelin successfully cast understand the soulless which made Teddy insiginficant....until we found out he was out of range and had to undo everything oops! (learning!)

Turn 2

Pandora again won the initiative, and Teddy saw a host of victims waiting to be eaten! Casting thing of nightmares again to fly over the terrain, he landed just infront of the rats, and was about to go CHOMP CHOMP! when he realised he didn't have melee expert and had used all his action points to get in Range! Fear not, Teddy is terrifying, Hard to Wound AND Regenerates, surely he an slug it out with some rats?! Baby Kade and his Sorrow moved through the woods to Teddys Right, while Pandora inched slowly forward with her linked Sorrow to Teddys Left.

When confronted by a gigantic, terrifying, flying Teddy bear what does Hamelin do? Well He marches right on up and hits it! Using his Emptiness ability to ingore both positive & negative flips, he ignores Teddys terrifying thanks to being Soulless, he hit and got a straight damage flip on Teddy, which got cheated upto a severe, 9 wounds! Ouch not even Teddy could withstand that! 2 VPs for Hamelin. The rats moved towards Baby Kade, and the Rat Catcher followed, and then killed all the rats! This mmeant that new Rats appeared, who could then move again! Suddenly Baby Kade was looking at a tide of vermin coming straight at him!

Turn 3

Hamelin won the initiative and proceeded to play his pipes, not at Baby Kade, but the Sorrow linked to him! Not using his emptiness ability, he only inflicted weak damage... so he played the pipes again! This time using emptiness, he was able to cheat a severe damage, which killed the Sorrow...BUT not before Hamelin was able to make him charge Baby Kade! The sorrow inflicted a wound on Baby Kade before finally dying, leaving him with no protection from the incoming Rat Swarm.

Baby Kade decided that, rather than fight, he'd run straight for an evidence marker and destroy it, which he did! With his remaining melee expert action Kade was going to start a rat killing spree.... until he realised his melee range was the same as the rats he'd just dodged to avoid getting tangled up while removing the evidence....d'oh! Pandora was now finally coming into range to cast spells and used pacify to slow down the Wretch and Rat Catcher as pushing herself 4" closer to Hamelins Deployment zone.

Turn 4

Pandora won the initiative, and decided to Leave Baby Kade to him fate... Casting self loathing on the Rat Catcher, she managed to flip a crow, activating her Mental Anguish trigger, which caused the Rat Catcher to fall back before hitting himself with his weapon! Although this caused no damage it added a Blight counter to him which would prove fatal later.... Pandora also used herpacify ability to push herself closer to the evidence marker in Hamelins deployment zone.

Seeing the Rat Catcher turn tail, the rats swarmed Baby Kade and it only took two of them to kill poor defenceless, innocent Baby Kade thanks to minging blight counters! The remaining crew members headed towards Pandora, with the Obedient Wretch casting understand the soulless on Pandora, however Pandora won the Will power duel and the resulting push moved her right next to the evidence marker....

At this point the Mine Town special event occured, meaning everyone within 1" of a terrain piece suffered one wound, which turned out to be everyone bar Pandora and a Stolen. This killed the Rat Catacher due to his Bight counter adding extra damage!

Turn 5

The final turn due to time constraints

Pandora flipped a 13 while Hamelin flipped a 10. Knowing he needed to Kill Pandora before she could destroy the second evidnece marker Hamelin burned a Soulstone to reflip his card... a 13 would mean both players would need to reflip.....he got a 6!

Pandora used 1 AP to destroy the second marker, making the VP total 2 - 2, she then saw that the rats were on one wound and making a perfect chain for her to use Pacify.... So off she went, pacifying the rats and killing the ones in Hamelins delpoyment zone, causing them to come back again due to Hamelins presence, which was perfect. The rats were in such a position that she could push herself 4" everytime until she got to the 3rd Evidnece marker. Since Pacify is a free action, she used her second action to destroy the Last evidence marker - giving her 4 VPs! The last act of Pandora was to cast Self Loathing on Hamelin, she burned a soulstone and cheated the flip to bring up a Red Joker! Hamelin couldnt stop the attack and the Red Joker was a Crow, meaning he suffered the Mental Anguish Trigger too! Hamelin fell back to his table edge while Pandora jumped back into Hamelins deployment zone to try claim the Breakthrough VPs.

Hamelin, unable to do much since he had to Rally, moved the Wretch and rats into his delpoyment zone to deny Pandora the breakthrough VPs,and ended the game there.

Final Score

Pandora 4 (destroying all three Evidence Markers)

Hamelin 2 (Killing Teddy)

regarding the Battle Report or the game itself?

Game wise - I was playing Pandora, I'm still trying to work out how to bring her into to fight quicker, that 3" move at the start (when I can't incite/pacify anything) means she so slow out of the starting blocks I worry whether I'll get her in position! You'll note the Poltergeist doesn't get a mention in the report. I can't seem to find a real use for it yet, other than making areas of the board severe terrain and trying to cast project emotions!

Battle Report wise - I'd written this for my FB friends, we are all learning the game atm so I tried to summarise some of the rules to show how Pandora and Hamelin can work. They liked it but would want more detail on the rules! I think for here I would cut down some of the rule summarises and try to add more description and fluff to it.

BTW checked out your painting blog - Good work! Love the Vega/Lucius, I saw the similarities when the model came out and you've done it justice! Also like the Death-head Judge, I put a hat on mine but now I might try to make the bandanna mask a little more skullface!

Thanks Kogan, I figured since the miniatures cannot be converted as easily that I would at least have fun painting on a few little details. I'm attempting to update the blog as often as possible since I do tend to paint quite a lot I just have to find time to actually take pictures. Keep watching for my "mexican bandido" convict gunslinger conversion.

I thought that the battle report came out great, I am more for reading story mixed in with an odd actual rule written in when it comes to bat reps. Maybe because i am not a fan of reading technical things, I hate reading rule books but I can easily read thousand page fictional books lol.