Bristols first Malifaux Tournament

Angor

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys there has been a delay with the rules pack, we decided to make a few last minute changes, it should reach you tomorrow.

I have posted a list of people who have signed up. There are a few extra spots filled by locals who have signed up in store (just need confirmation). Tickets are selling up fast so reserve your spot now.

I seem to have a problem opening the PDF. Says the file is broken?

To be fair theres hardly anything in there content wise:

Rules

http://www.wyrd-games.net/Upload/MalifauxGainingGround2011.pdf

We will be using the official Gaining Grounds rule set to run the tournament. Players will use a single master but have an unlimited selection of minions. We will use the victory point system for calculating scores.

We have decided to deviate from the gaining grounds rule set in only one way which is to provide all players an additional 20 minutes play time per round. Cut and Thrust war gaming wishes to promote this tournament as beginner friendly and feels that the extra time will allow players newer to the rules a better chance of completing games.

Painting

There will be a strictly enforced painted model only rule in place. Models must be completely painted and based to a gaming standard. Any models that do not meet this criteria will be disallowed in games.

If you have concerns that a model does not meet these specifications then it probably doesn’t. You still have

a few weeks to get a small handful of models painted so we hope that this wont provide a problem for anyone.

What you will need to bring...

You will need to provide painted models for a single master and

accompanying crew.

You will need a tape measure, fate deck, rules for all of you models (eg:

rulebook or stat cards), any counters (eg: corpse, scrap) and appropriate

tokens for wounds or effects.

Awards

Cut and Thrust war gaming will kindly be prizes for players

Overall Winner

Best Painted Crew

Strongest Player

Yup its short and sweet, why use ten pages when you can say it in two.

Mythic Fox has raised an interesting point. We had originally planned it as a VP scoring system to promote a friendlier atmosphere. I had not concidered the problems of collusion (Remember this is Bristols first Malifaux tournament).

I will have a word with the folks at the venue but I think we may change it to a difference VP system or have a simple Win/Lose/Draw points system. This will be confirmed by tomorrow night so check back after you have all made your Gencon purchases.