Denver (North) 25SS Tournament 8/20/11

greyseerco

Greetings Denver Area Malifaux players.

Got our next tournament lined up for Saturday August 20th at Total Escape Games. Hope you can make it.

What: Malifaux Tournament, using the Gaining Ground Document. (http://tinyurl.com/4I95esb)

When: Saturday, August 20, starting promptly at 12pm

Where: Total Escape Games

6831 W 120th Ave

Suite C

Broomfield, CO 80020

Phone: (303) 482-1829

More Info: Contact Nathan by PM greyseerco at the Wyrd Games Forum at www.wyrd-games.net

Vitals: 25 Soul Stones. 70 Minute rounds. Single Faction. 2 Schemes/round – Note a scheme can only be used once/tournament. Disparity Format. Fixed Share Strategies: Treasure Hunt, Destroy the Evidence, Reconnoiter, Claim Jump.

Specifics: $5 Entry Fee for prize support, No Preregistration (first come first serve), 16 slots max.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had some people ask about the paint requirement, if there is 1. Also, are you allowing book 3 and all the released avatars?

They also have laminated printed v2 cards, are you requiring official cards?

1) Painted is not required.

2) I will not be allowing Book 3 models or Avatars as they have not been released to the general public. In general unless the FLGS has the ability to stock the model its not allowed.

3) Laminated V2 printed cards are fine, as not everyone was able to send in the old cards.

I met a new player that has some proxied models (non-Wyrd). Will he be able to use them in the tournament?

Normally Proxies are not allowed.

Now, if they are playing someone like Nicoderm and have a stack of zombies from other games, to create variety, I would not have an issue with it. But if they are using D&D models glued to 30mm bases and they have to keep saying "oh this model is really so and so" then I do have an issue with it.

You said "some" as long as the models are released and it is very, very clear about what they are, so the opponents are not asking each turn what something is, then I am fine with it.

I am going to say at least 66.6% of his crew must be Malifaux models, and he can only proxie what is released (so no proxing FLGS unreleased models).

I saw the army, it is a cthulu themed dreamer crew. Very well done. I would call it counts as rather than proxy. All the models match their respective counterparts, but there are no Wyrd minis that I recall.

Thanks for the answers, I will pass it along.

Also, as an aside, I will be holding a painting competition, sort in conjunction with this on Sunday. I will make its own post as to not hijack your thread further.

Normally Proxies are not allowed.

Now, if they are playing someone like Nicoderm and have a stack of zombies from other games, to create variety, I would not have an issue with it. But if they are using D&D models glued to 30mm bases and they have to keep saying "oh this model is really so and so" then I do have an issue with it.

You said "some" as long as the models are released and it is very, very clear about what they are, so the opponents are not asking each turn what something is, then I am fine with it.

I am going to say at least 66.6% of his crew must be Malifaux models, and he can only proxie what is released (so no proxing FLGS unreleased models).

Thanks! I will pass the info along to him.

See you Saturday!

I saw the army, it is a cthulu themed dreamer crew. Very well done. I would call it counts as rather than proxy. All the models match their respective counterparts, but there are no Wyrd minis that I recall.

Thanks for the answers, I will pass it along.

Also, as an aside, I will be holding a painting competition, sort in conjunction with this on Sunday. I will make its own post as to not hijack your thread further.

If he can show me that his "66.6%" is purchased, even in a box and unpainted, I probably would allow it. Example - one person found a great model for Insidious Madness that was not an Official Malifaux model, he still bought the Insidious Madness when it came out and at the last tournament he showed me the unpainted IM and showed me his painted IM-variant. That I am cool with.

Where I have run in troubles in the past with other games was people using Company A models to play a game from Company B and never buying models to support Company B.

I have also run into problems of it creating confusion amongst new players, and creating ill feeling for those who spent the money for the Company B product while the person who played with Company A toys mocked them for spending so much money.

Company B now no longer makes minis, nor the game.

So I understand the whole No Proxy Rule, at least for tournaments.

Unofficial/Home play, I say bring on Cthulhu Ia!, Ia! Phataghan!

I look forward to seeing the painted crews and wish you luck with the painted crew contest.