Ortega - First Crew

Moondog

Cheers all. Having some major problems with Papa Loco, the chain is breaking off, nearly lost the lit portion of the dynamite and his head is one major pain to glue on! Takes me back to gluing metal and plastic space marines - that was a major pain!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I am trying to pick up the pace painting 2 / 3 models at the same time to finish the basic crew.

I have picked a up a new plastic Lone Marshal also and I am thinking of trying to put a badge on his cloak. Something along the lines of a US Marshal badge could be cool, but I have no idea how to pull it off. Either I get some green stuff to make it, or use freehand, niether of which is easy for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.... I like the look of something like the badges in the following link. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=us+marshal+badge&client=firefox-a&hs=anS&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=np&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=w7ZaU7fYNaSm0QWgq4D4DQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=770

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Tried to speed up progress and I have two more ready and varnished... not sure these are as great as I had imagined before I started them but I need to get a painted crew fielded asap so I whacked the varnish on and they are ready to play! Got Papa Loco started and then it's the peacekeeper to complete the first crew...

Nino.jpg

santiago.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I like that you've gone in a different direction with colours for these guys, very striking!

Papa Loco's clothes are a bit too white, if you know what I mean? It kinda detracts from the realism you have going on with the rest of your painting. Maybe just blend some shadows in here and there and see how it looks?

The bases are fab, love the little cacti!

What are you planning to paint next?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...