Ortega - First Crew

Moondog

Hello, I'm painting my first crew, and I have found with my painting if I have to put down details of what has been done it seems much easier to keep my progress up. I am a terribly slow painter and often short of time, so I am hoping by putting details on this thread it will speed me up!

I have posted this before (just before it was finished) so sorry if you have seen it before, but it's a good start to the thread and might spur me on to paint faster to complete this crew. So here we are Perdita Ortega.

By the way if you want a cactus these are Pegasus Hobbies small (#2) Cacti. They are a little bit expensive (at least in the UK) and a strange plastic but great detail on them. Starting on the rest of the crew soon.

Finished-Perdita.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks all, much appreciated. Any ideas you have about how to paint the rest of the crew will be welcomed.

Wow! Great colour scheme and very nice painting

Funky.. does she have a green power ring too?

Thanks, some people aren't too keen on green and I admit it's a bit bright and out there, but I do love green! As for the green power ring I was painting this up and at the same time I caught a Green Lantern trailer, total co-incidence! haha

Wow she looks really nice. Would love to see the rest of the crew when you get them done. Will they all be green?

I guess I am going to work a bit of green into them all so there are unified but I am not sure how exactly yet. I am thinking Papa Loco can have a hospital regulation green straitjacket - kind of like the pale mint green that they sometimes have for scrubs. I'd like "property of" something stamped on the back too but I think it's beyond my freehand skills, but I think it'd be cool"

What an entrance my friend, probably the best Perdita i`ve ever seen, good job!

Thanks, take a look at Jens thread though (on second thoughts perhaps not as Jens will be the best you have ever seen hehe)

That is great art!!

Thanks for the hint with the cacti!

When you are a slow Painter, how about joining the Tale?

Oh I am going back to work but I'll have a look at that tonight looks interesting thanks.

Looking good! :) How did you do the little tufts of grass?

They are pre-made and the ones I had are called Swamp Tufts and are I think re-packaged and sold by "Army Painter" but I think they are originally sold by Mininatur / Silfor. You pluck a patch off the sheet they come on, trim the length to size if you want, and you can then paint on this. I trimmed these to a smaller length and drybrushed them with GW bleached bone to make them look less green.

Thanks all.

Btw,did you have trouble getting the details right on her face? I jsut recently finished my own perdita and it was a nightmare trying to make it look right.

Yes I did. I am used to Games Workshop miniatures which although they are about the same height seem to be, well, for want of a better word "fatter" and a bit easier to do with more space to paint on. I don't know about you but I found the mouth tricky, it's quite small and I had to correct mistakes there a few times. Have you done your Ortega Crew? I am always looking for ideas if you have posted them or are going to.

Thanks all.

Yes I did. I am used to Games Workshop miniatures which although they are about the same height seem to be, well, for want of a better word "fatter" and a bit easier to do with more space to paint on. I don't know about you but I found the mouth tricky, it's quite small and I had to correct mistakes there a few times. Have you done your Ortega Crew? I am always looking for ideas if you have posted them or are going to.

Yeah one sec will link the thread that has my santiago and my nino. I havent gotten Perdita sealed yet so havent posted her up.

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20164

Thats the start of the stuff,the Ortega clan pics are towards the back end.

Thanks all.

How do you get the static grass to stick up all prickly like that on her base?

It comes packaged like that. There is a good tutorial on the MassiveVoodoo site that shows you what it is like straight out of the packet: http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2010/08/tutorial-using-mininatur-grass.html

[quote=Dark Alleycat;265976}

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20164

Thats the start of the stuff,the Ortega clan pics are towards the back end.

I wish I could take credit for the idea,but It was an almost direct copy from the old Games Workshop vindicare assassin sculpt. When i saw the skull at Von Schill's feet it was a sure thing lol.

And yeah I will be putting up the pics as soon as im done. I got sucked into painting a Warjack but will have abuela finished soon,and the stalker and her based.