Arcanist Avatars

Mentat_Canis

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Ramos should have some machine construct he attaches to, similar to the arachnid device in Wild Wild West with Will Smith,the spider like seat contraption...

Not sure about that pic for Raspy, I think they will keep with models looking similar to originals,so maybe Rasputina caught up in a swirling snow storm, but similar to Pandora's energy vortex she floats on.

Marcus,well he is asking to transform into a big beast werewolf style,so keep similar features so obviously Marcus, but muscled up and animal like, but not as chunky as Seamus's Avatar.

Colette, well she needs something suitably Illusionary, she is a magician afterall, so will have to see how they pull together her Avatar form...

Not sure about that pic for Raspy, I think they will keep with models looking similar to originals,so maybe Rasputina caught up in a swirling snow storm, but similar to Pandora's energy vortex she floats on.

I'd be willing to bet pretty confidently that Raspy's Avatar form will look very much like that, simply because all of the other gifs of the Masters look almost exactly like their sculpts so far.

Plus, with Pandora, we were discussing ideas last night at the LGS, and we noticed that the aforementioned 'Avatar Pandora' model which has been out for a while, has switched from being shipped with a 40mm base, to now being shipped with a 30mm base. Since they are doing Alternate Sculpts AND Avatars of each of the models, we were wondering if perhaps the Pandora model already out will actually become the Alt Sculpt, and there will be an entirely different Avatar form for Pandora instead. Don't know, just speculating!

Now, that said, I would love to see an alternate sculpt of Raspy that is similar to the Artwork in the Rules Manual, with sufficient swirling snow around her! :D

I'm definitely looking forward to what they do with the Arcanists though, as that's my main faction as well. I also suspect Ramos to be a Leviathan/Man combination, a la Steamborg perhaps. Wild Wild West would be a definite inspiration point, I agree. Colette I think will be tough, but hopefully involves some sort of magic, or mirrors, or something. Maybe it will be a giant rabbit, pulling Colette out of a hat. :tongue2:

I reckon Ramos should have some machine construct he attaches to, similar to the arachnid device in Wild Wild West with Will Smith,the spider like seat contraption...

There was never a Wild Wild West with Will Smith. It was just swamp gas.

That was a movie so bad that I wanted my money back when it was done, despite the fact I got in free.

There was never a Wild Wild West with Will Smith. It was just swamp gas.

That was a movie so bad that I wanted my money back when it was done, despite the fact I got in free.

Now, now... That's insulting to free movies.

that being said while the story wasn't that great it had lots of cool wild west steampunk type gadgets.

Now, now... That's insulting to free movies.

that being said while the story wasn't that great it had lots of cool wild west steampunk type gadgets.

True. To be fair, it was more or less 'before its time' in terms of steampunk awesomeness. I actually re-watched it on Netflix not too long ago, as I was working on some Malifaux models. It certainly is no Maverick or John Wayne movie as far as westerns go, but I still thought it was a fun flick, even all these years later.

However...if Ramos is limited to a 50mm base (can't imagine they will go bigger...maybe????) it will be interesting to see what they can cram onto it.

My picture of ramos would be quite impressive:

Picture in your mind the model of the bone swarm model from the Iron kingdoms line of minis. now replace the bones with arachnid parts and gears. Now picture Ramos on one knee with one hand on the swarm. It would be amazing to see him raised up in the air on a big swarm of robot parts!

EDIT: Here is the bone swarm model to give you a beter picture of what I'm thinking. Scroll down for the model. it won't let me paste it here

http://community.wizards.com/srm/blog/2009/11/08/srms_this_week_in_miniatures_november_8_2009

Edited by Huoshini
I'm awesome