Tournament in Northampton - 9th October

Clousseau

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tournement organisers call, but on something like this which will be availible to every master, I would wait untill at least half the masters have access to them. After all, none have yet been officially released.

Yet some were made available and some people have obtained them, why shouldn't they be able to use them? There official wyrd models so are no different from anything else out. Should we prevent people using the undead or hooded rider figures because the pale and mechanical rider have yet to be released?

Im not looking to cause trouble just putting across my views.

I thought the restriction was for only officially released models to be used? If it has been "officiall" released, then fair game.

The Avatars some people got from GenCon early availability arent considered Official releases yet, so would not have thought they would be allowed. Afterall, only a select few people have access to them and they are not yet on open release and readily available to purchase.

Just my thoughts on the discussion

Yet some were made available and some people have obtained them, why shouldn't they be able to use them? There official wyrd models so are no different from anything else out. Should we prevent people using the undead or hooded rider figures because the pale and mechanical rider have yet to be released?

Im not looking to cause trouble just putting across my views.

honestly I agree with you dude, if they have the official model and stat card its legal (so says the gaining grounds). but it is the TO's decision at the end of the day...

The official wording of the Gaining Ground document says "...nor can a player enter a tournament with a model that has not yet been released to the general public."

Not sure how that works in this case, but I would have thought that since GenCon was a limited release and the Avatar's are not readily available to the general public, that Avatar's would not be allowed until such time as there release date comes round, at which point they are then available to the general public.

Do I understand that correctly? If im wrong then that's fine.

The official wording of the Gaining Ground document says "...nor can a player enter a tournament with a model that has not yet been released to the general public."

Not sure how that works in this case, but I would have thought that since GenCon was a limited release and the Avatar's are not readily available to the general public, that Avatar's would not be allowed until such time as there release date comes round, at which point they are then available to the general public.

Do I understand that correctly? If im wrong then that's fine.

guess it can be argued either way... they were for available for everyone as a pre-release... I am not sure myself now... I guess in that case that would even disallow dead doxeys, and the drowned from the dead justice box too

I don't see how a model that was sold by Wyrd on their website is anything but an official release. If the rule says not available to the general public then I can respect if that is held up however I believe the Sonnia avatar was down as September so by all of those rules she should be able to use.

I would unfortunately have to agree though if that is the reasoning for not allowing avatars the Dead Justice models would have to be banned as ressers until the others are available and they can be considered proxies.

However when the book is released everyone will have access to the rules for any of the Gencon released models/avatars and I believe that all of the cards are the exact wording from the books.

Its always up to the TO to decide for their own tournament of course but it would be nice if Wyrd could let us know if they consider the Gencon models as released or not.

Bloody hell - you wander away from your thread for a day and it all goes tornado. In a good way mind.

Anyway to clarify things. As far as I'm concerned all Gencon models are legal (so you could take Dead Doxy if you have the Dead Justice set).

The reasoning behind no avatars, and this is purely my decsion as TO, is that until everyone has had the chance for a few games with avatars and we can all understand what impact they can have on the game, we should omit them from a tournament. I also took into account the limited number of avatars available, but that wasn't the prime consideration.

Anyway, a few more sign-ups today, and hopefully we'll see people playing with some different crews (except Neverata of course...).

The reasoning behind no avatars, and this is purely my decsion as TO, is that until everyone has had the chance for a few games with avatars and we can all understand what impact they can have on the game, we should omit them from a tournament.

We allowed Haemlin without testing and still allow him :P haha :P