EasternFront Wargames Show Norwich August 21st

ghostwalker

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an early heads up of this event. Only in its 2nd year of running and last year was the first wargames show in the area in a long time.

I have approached the organisers and been permitted to set up a Malifaux Demo/Intro table for the day.

Hopefully we will be able to get the word out in the area about Malifaux as its got a decent attendance by all accounts.

Hope to see some of you there.

Details are as follows.

Date-Sunday August 21st 2011

Time - 10am - 4pm

Location - St Andrews Hall, St Andrews Plain, Norwich, Norfolk NR3 1AU

Satnav Postcode- NR3 1AU

Website- http://www.easternfrontwargames.com/index.html

StAndrewsHallLocation.jpg

Hi Clousseau, thanks for lending a hand. It will give the missus (gamesmistress) a break as she has never demo'd a game lol. But im old hat having run demos for evilempire for a full weekend at conflict london.

If you drop me a pm with your name i can pop it over to the organiser and see if i can get you added 'officially' as a helper with us.

Oh and norfolk tractor...pft....you really want

[ame]

[/ame]

Im sorry i had to, im not from Norfolk and where i used to work there was an epic 'combine harvester' moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just giving this a bump to get the attention onto it.

Prep work for the table we will be using is all done. Now have myself, gamesmistress and clousseau all present to run demos, show different crews and get the norfolk ball rolling on Malifaux.

OldManMyke hope to see you there.

Torgoch, hoping to get some new players rolling in. Should soon have Starwynn stocking Malifaux and running events there. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well 2 more days to go. I can honestly say i have bled for the table being used at the show. Nearly took a chunk out of the end of my left index finger. Hopefully figured out how to stop models sliding on the ramps too. Will test that theory tonight against gamesmistress.

Hope to see some of you at the show and looking forward to spreading the Malifaux addiction to some new players too.

I will be there along with a couple of Malifaux players from the Yarmouth club. I think however all the other players from our club will be playing in the Hordes and Warmachine event going on during the day. I will definately come over and say hi.

Also look forward to seeing your table for the event :)

A good day for Malifaux. Easily the most popular game being demoed, with people playing or talking to us all day, despite the show itself being rather quiet. If we'd have had £1 for everyone who had a crew but hadn't played yet we'd have paid for the early morning coffees! Seriously though, if the Norwich area gamers could actually talk to each other there'd be a strong Malifaux community there. Hopefully a local store will pick up the game and Ghostwalker will be able to lead them into the light (well the Breach anyway).

Ghostwalker's sleepless nights making the scenery was well worth it as it got lots of positive comments and was great to demo on.

Thanks to Ghostwalker & Gamesmistress for all your efforts, and we enjoyed the drink & chat on Saturday night. See you again soon, and good luck the the strange folk of Norfolk!

Edited by Clousseau

Thanks for the compliment on the board clousseau.

Indeed it certainly seemed to prove popular and hopefully we have gained a few new converts to the system.

The challenge is going to be linking up the different village/town groups to develope the bigger community. Hopefully the store will start stocking stuff soon and give a 'central' hub to arrange tournies and the likes.

Thanks for coming along and helping out and the loan of a henchman t-shirt too. Hope to see you at a show sometime soon.

Really enjoyed the event it was good to meet Clousseau, Ghostwalker and Gamesmistress amongst others. Great work on the board Ghostwalker, I think it really helped draw more people in.

It seems like Ghostwalker mentioned there is real potential for a great Malifaux community in the area. I just wish that I was around on a more regular basis to see it grow.

Apparently the organiser of the event would like more competitions at the event(there was only the Warmachine/Hordes one to my knowledge). Perhaps a small low soulstone event at next year's show would be a good idea?

Hi Xoryn, I believe they had a flames of war, dbm, warmachine and hoardes tourny on.

Alas i found out about the show once tournies were confirmed. But if we can get the Norfolk community organised (crosses fingers on Starwynns intent) then there would be a definate opportunity for a tournament next year.

I will give Kim (organiser) a few days to recover from the event and then mention the idea to him.

Was good to meet a few of the community from the Yarmouth area.

If you can arrange something I will try and be there. The Flames of War tournament apparently didn't happen, supposedly someone suggested it but no one made an attempt to organise it. At least that's what I heard from people from the Flames of War players from the Yarmouth club.

Sounds about right for some of what went on. I do hope they improve the organisation for next year. It took nearly a month just to get a contact reply for the organiser. That was after finding out the e-mail, contact numbers and download links on the website were all wrong.

My line of thinking will be to get Starwynn establishing a Malifaux base then see if i can convince the manager to help in organising some tournaments. If the show is a no go, then i know starwynn have access to the scout hut in norwich where they run the Mtg release events. So its an option for stand alone events.

Just thought I'd post a quick note to say thanks for the demo game at Eastern Front Clousseau it was enough to get me seriously interested in Malifaux. Sorry about not getting in touch sooner.

PS I'm the tall fat ginger guy you played early in the day.

I remember the demo well. Best control hand I've had for months and I had to use it in such a way that you had stuff left to play with. Didn't let you win as such, just didn't try every trick available. Could have done with that hand on Saturday!