New minions from Cornwall, UK

hendybadger

Hi all,

My wife and myself have just picked up Malifaux this week after a demo game at Iron Haven in Exeter.

She has gone for Lilith and Im all about the Dreamer.

But theres already plans to get more.

Both been gamers for quite a while now and even run a gaming club (see sig) where we will be trying to introduce Malifaux.

Its great to play a non dice game aswell. And I love the pure twisted background. Is amazing.

So, there you go.

Greetings from some new Minions

Hiya and welcome to the game/forums.

Yet another couple to add to the ever growing list of gamer couples playing malifaux. Heck at this rate we could organise a couples only doubles tournament lol.

Have fun and feel free to pick the brains of the forum. I will elave your 'dreamer' question to other more knowledgable players as i play mostly guild masters.

If you check out the Neverborn section in the Malifaux Matter forum you'll find plenty of tips and tricks to help you out with The Dreamer. I am fond of the Teddy though and will be making sure the Dreamer has at least 2 of them in my crew when it's built, but first I'm focusing on Lilith.

try as I might, I cannot resist the lure of the dark(er) side ;)

Welcome to Malifaux and avoid the small mechanical exploding birds :D

Hiya and welcome to the game/forums.

Yet another couple to add to the ever growing list of gamer couples playing malifaux. Heck at this rate we could organise a couples only doubles tournament lol.

Have fun and feel free to pick the brains of the forum. I will elave your 'dreamer' question to other more knowledgable players as i play mostly guild masters.

Sounds liek a fun tourney idea.

I used to game years back when I was in school but stopped. Met my wife 6 years ago and she took me into a toy shop and bought me a model to see if I still enjoyed it.

We have been gaimg together ever since.

If you check out the Neverborn section in the Malifaux Matter forum you'll find plenty of tips and tricks to help you out with The Dreamer. I am fond of the Teddy though and will be making sure the Dreamer has at least 2 of them in my crew when it's built, but first I'm focusing on Lilith.

try as I might, I cannot resist the lure of the dark(er) side ;)

Welcome to Malifaux and avoid the small mechanical exploding birds :D

Thanks for the welcome. Been trawling through the forums for abit now but Im sure theres loads I havent found yet.

Welcome! Great to here you both are enjoy Malifaux. Great to have you on the forums as well, and I hope you have enjoy this place as well, we have quite a lot of good people around.

As for the twisted line. They are not part of malifaux at the moment, just some minis we had around and had released before the game that didn't make the cut to get included. We still like the minis so we keep them around :)

Welcome! Great to here you both are enjoy Malifaux. Great to have you on the forums as well, and I hope you have enjoy this place as well, we have quite a lot of good people around.

As for the twisted line. They are not part of malifaux at the moment, just some minis we had around and had released before the game that didn't make the cut to get included. We still like the minis so we keep them around :)

Cheers for the welcome EricJ.

Im already very impressed by the contact the big guns have with the community!

Keep looking at getting more and more minis

We have mainly played Warmachine up until now and I think I have only beaten her once. But have recently picked up 3 or 4 new games.

Wise man.... if Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy!

It's good that you play games together, it's really the geek dream in a lot of cases!

Are you picking the games up in order to not get beaten by your wife? You let your wife beat you?? What other games?

Are you picking the games up in order to not get beaten by your wife? You let your wife beat you?? What other games?

Just to try out something new.

Our list of games at the mo is

Malifaux

Warmachine

Hordes

Monsterpocalyse

Cutlass

Legends of the High Seas

Necromunda

And starting to look at a couple of the games from Spartan

I've got Firestorm but haven't played it. You really get you money's worth with the ships, that's for sure!

The system also has you roll a lot of dice, I love that in a game of this type! Really gives a good impression of the firepower involved.

I dunno why this is, but my wife likes the look of Malifaux too, might even give her a game once I get my intro game crews painted up.

She really liked the look of the Showgirls anyway.

I dunno why this is, but my wife likes the look of Malifaux too, might even give her a game once I get my intro game crews painted up.

She really liked the look of the Showgirls anyway.

I'm having a hard time going back to rolling tons of dice :/ I certainly can't say anything about the enjoyment others get from it, it's just not my thing any more.

I've found that a lot of the women that end up playing gravitate towards the Showgirls in this area. I think it's pretty cool.... except we get nervous whenever we have a new Colette player....

hendybadger: you've got some things on that list I want to try out!

I've got Firestorm but haven't played it. You really get you money's worth with the ships, that's for sure!

The system also has you roll a lot of dice, I love that in a game of this type! Really gives a good impression of the firepower involved.

Im looking more at Uncharted Seas than Firestorm. I have a slight case of pirate OCD!

I'm having a hard time going back to rolling tons of dice :/ I certainly can't say anything about the enjoyment others get from it, it's just not my thing any more.

I've found that a lot of the women that end up playing gravitate towards the Showgirls in this area. I think it's pretty cool.... except we get nervous whenever we have a new Colette player....

hendybadger: you've got some things on that list I want to try out!

Lots of dice was fun. But seemed to take away alot of the tactics. It was all about how many dice you could roll.

My wife alwasy goes for the scantily clad women in any game. Not saying that a bad thing though!

Which of the games do you want to try?

Im looking more at Uncharted Seas than Firestorm. I have a slight case of pirate OCD!

Which of the games do you want to try?

That kind of blends together for me!

Cutlass! is the one I want to look into. I'm picking up models here and there for it. Honestly my concern is that it's a bit of a Mordheim rehash. I'm looking forward to the (hypothetical) time that Wyrd does persistent campaign rules like those. I really get a kick out of guiding and developing a group over time.

That kind of blends together for me!

Cutlass! is the one I want to look into. I'm picking up models here and there for it. Honestly my concern is that it's a bit of a Mordheim rehash. I'm looking forward to the (hypothetical) time that Wyrd does persistent campaign rules like those. I really get a kick out of guiding and developing a group over time.

Cutlass is great. Quite far from Mordheim. You can steal the turn by reacting, there are different sized dice instead of stats. And the mins and crew rules are great.

Met Adam a couple of times at the local shows and hes a great guy. Even sorted me out a special mini for my wifes birthday.

Okay, that's pretty cool! Going with a dice mechanic might kill me, having a reaction system might well be worth it though.

Plus, their miniatures are great! I want some US Marines for modern zombie survival (and cuz I'm a Marine...).

Any further thoughts on direction in Malifaux?