Malifaux VASSAL Module (Video

oconlan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it allows spectators or closed room play. Well, to be exact, anybody inside the game room can interact with it's elements (unless the module changes this), but from my warmachine Vassal period I can count with one hand the number of times a spectater started assing around. And yeah, Skype was a favoured method of play (I personally prefer text, but hey, different strokes).

Well, gencon broadcast is waaaaay to ambitious, you'd need to have a couple of guys moving the pieces in vassal representing the real players and another one to play commentator to even begin to make it work. That and play through vassal becomes quite a bit slower than in person. But it's still awesome, either if you get few games on so you can play more, like to play a varied opponent pool or just want to try and play/watch a match at 1 AM on a Friday night.

does it have any sort of mechanisms to save a replay of the flips and movements?

All flips might show up in the text screen as well as the deck, and you can save the text. The only problem if this is implemented is you can look back and see what you/your opponent has flipped

It is possible to save the map as a jpeg at any time, so you could do each activation or turn

• 3 months later...