Malifaux VASSAL Module (Video

oconlan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates on progress, either in implementation or with securing copyright holders' permission to continue and publish? Just curious :D

Yeah, I'm pretty busy with home stuff :sleepy:

I awaiting word from Nathan, so there is no point putting further work into the module until I hear what Wyrd are happy to see released. The module is fully functional and I have received permission to use the art assets (i.e. terrain) from the Warmachine/Hordes module.

Once I have approval I'll figure out the playtesting approach. The model art is the main outstanding element, but the module is playable without it.

Don't worry - I'll pass on word as soon as I have it.

Owen

Hey that's really great. Congrats Owen!

Congratulations on the little one!

... looks like you already have the model art for Kade - congrats:tea:

Thanks for the good wishes guys. I'm keeping the sharp knives away from Ciarán for the time being... though he does get a positive twist on ranged pee attacks!

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I can't talk about specifics though ;-)

Owen

That does sound good - can read a lot into that statement.

This looks very interesting, I really hope you get the okay to do this, as it is crappy only being able to get 1 maybe 2 games a week. This would help alot.

Good Luck. :)

Totally agree. It's not anywhere near the same as playing with your own painted minis, but just to be able to get a few more games in would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Massachusetts with a strong group of gaming friends. I now live in Florida, and my gaming group is spread all over the east coast. I've been telling them about Malifaux, and all have expressed interest, and regret over the fact that -- apart from PBEM RPG's, or video games -- we're not really able to game together, anymore. If this comes to fruition, it would be a great thing!

/support

Updates after Gencon, but I can say that playtesting (which for the moment is very limited) is going well. The module is completely playable.

Owen

Owen,

I assume this means you got the okay from Wyrd and this is definitely going to see release eventually?

Also, if you are looking for playtesters, Godspeed and I would love to playtest it. We are very familiar with using Vassal for Warmachine and Hordes and the fact we can't play in person anymore (he is in Michigan, I am in Texas) would give us plenty or reason to give it some attention. Shoot me a PM if you could use our help.

Thanks,

Mike

While I'm still very excited about this, because it'll allow me to play with my son after he gets out of boot camp, since first getting interested in Malifaux a few weeks ago and waiting for the Vassal mod, I went out and bought a few crews worth of models, a fate deck, and the 2 current rule books. I'm all set to play in store. :) I just need a demo game.

While I'm still very excited about this, because it'll allow me to play with my son after he gets out of boot camp, since first getting interested in Malifaux a few weeks ago and waiting for the Vassal mod, I went out and bought a few crews worth of models, a fate deck, and the 2 current rule books. I'm all set to play in store. :) I just need a demo game.

If you're anywhere near me, I'll gladly hook you up.