Linking to multiple models-farther clarification?

brdparker

Question

A pretty thorough search yielded nothing definitive.

The idea is to link essense of power to both Myranda AND Cassandra, so that their breathe flames can get the +flip to the damage (a huge boon for them both after Marcus or a raptor turns Cass into a beast). This would take 2 turns (since link's a o-action), but it wouldn't be a bad combo to build to.

The major counter argument (and problem with it) is:

Counter: The sorrows (which people have been showing me) have the clause that only 1 model can be linked to them at a time.

Problem: The arguers are using the v1 sorrow stat cards. I don't see this on the v2 ones. The arguers have been saying that it's a general clause that's a part of link (but I'm not seeing this is the rules).

Can someone give me a definite answer, please? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Actually, that ruling was made with V1 Link, V2 link (including on the Sorrows) has no such restriction. It would have to take two turns leaving all the models in close proximity. Additionally Link ends when the linked models are not in base contact at the Start Closing Phase, so you would only really be able to do that trick for one turn unless you kept Cassandra and Miranda right next to each other.

I believe this to be slightly underhanded, however I don't see a rule that disallows it.

Agreed, I can't see anything in the V2 cards or Rules Manual which prevents linking to 2 models. Arent the errata meant to be subsumed by the new manual now?

That being said, even if it is allowed, I can't see this tactic being all that effective. Spending 2 turns, and forcing 2 powerful models to stand still, just to get a + on damage doesn't seem very useful to me.

Mike

Agreed, I can't see anything in the V2 cards or Rules Manual which prevents linking to 2 models. Arent the errata meant to be subsumed by the new manual now?

Isn't the fact that in the V2 card it states: "This model and target model" in singular meaning that it refers to a single target model?