Malifaux display/carrying tray

Malifauxcurr

Last time I saw him at GenCon, he was unloading the trays for $25. Could be more now. They might be a bit much for Malifaux as the typical crew isn't going to be more than 10 figures. That and they're not for display so much, but they are pretty handy.

I tend to make my own display trays out of balsa and foam. Attach a 32mm hole saw to my rotary tool and cut the holes where I want it, flock and decorate it.

Last time I saw him at GenCon, he was unloading the trays for $25. Could be more now. They might be a bit much for Malifaux as the typical crew isn't going to be more than 10 figures. That and they're not for display so much, but they are pretty handy.

Accept that a lot of tournaments are played single faction. So you can draft your crew each round. So its nice to be able to carry all or most of your models in a faction around.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if he checks these boards, but I just saw him at Gencon and bought a new double decker one for my Warmachine army. He was telling people to find him on the Privateer forums (under the name fool) about ordering them. He doesn't have a website but is still certainly making them. They were $30 each and $5 for the connecting dowels to make the double decker boards (useful if you are also a Warmachine tournament player). The double decker is a bit much for Malifaux, but hey, I have the silly thing and love it.

I don't know if he checks these boards, but I just saw him at Gencon and bought a new double decker one for my Warmachine army. He was telling people to find him on the Privateer forums (under the name fool) about ordering them. He doesn't have a website but is still certainly making them. They were $30 each and $5 for the connecting dowels to make the double decker boards (useful if you are also a Warmachine tournament player). The double decker is a bit much for Malifaux, but hey, I have the silly thing and love it.

Damn I've never signed up on the PP boards as I never played any of their games...

How many figures can you fit to a tray?

Damn I've never signed up on the PP boards as I never played any of their games...

How many figures can you fit to a tray?

He has three different designs as I recall. The latest has big 120mm cutouts for the new Warmachine Battle Engines. (With smaller cutouts recessed inside) He has one made largely for Trolls with lots of 40mm bases. The one that would work best for Malifaux due to the number of small slots has:

38 - dedicated 30mm

9 - 50mm with smaller 40mm cutout inside

6 - 40mm with smaller 30mm cutout inside

I think carrying an entire faction on one of these is not out of the question.

I am currently negotiating with a company to get the foam trays that can be used in gw or similar sized cases. I want to have my own designs to take miniatures plus cards etc.

Will be a while because they need to be made to my spec and exported but if anyone wants specific trays pm me and I will see what I can get