25SS Scrap 6/11 2pm South Denver

greyseerco

What: Malifaux Tournament, using the Gaining Ground Document. (http://tinyurl.com/4I95esb)

When: Saturday, June 11, starting promptly at 2pm

Where: Enchanted Grounds

8800 S. Colorado Blvd.

Highlands Ranch , CO 80126

Phone: 303-470-1010

More Info: Contact Nathan by PM greyseerco at the Wyrd Games Forum at www.wyrd-games.net

Vitals: 25 Soul Stones. 70 Minute rounds. Single Faction. 2 Schemes/round – Note a scheme can only be used once/tournament. Disparity Format. Fixed Share Strategies: Treasure Hunt, Destroy the Evidence, Reconnoiter, Claim Jump.

Do we need to preregister? What's the entry fee? How many rounds? How many slots?

Look forward to seeing you there.

Excellent Questions

Preregistration: Nope, first come first serve, I will be there shortly after noon to start setting up.

Fee: $5/participant, all will go into Prize support.

Rounds: Depends on how many we get, I am not expecting more than 16 players so probably 3 or 4 rounds.

Slots Max: 16.

• 4 weeks later...
Excellent Questions

Preregistration: Nope, first come first serve, I will be there shortly after noon to start setting up.

Fee: $5/participant, all will go into Prize support.

Rounds: Depends on how many we get, I am not expecting more than 16 players so probably 3 or 4 rounds.

Slots Max: 16.

I'd like to play, but it's been months since our last game...Any way to get some practice in prior to the game? I don't want to anger my opponents TOO much through my incompetence!

Are there regular casual games at Enchanted Grounds?

L-

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm new to the Denver area, and would love to get to know some of the local players and play some Malifaux. I am a relatively new to Malifaux but have played some other minis games.

I'm going to try and make it this Saturday, but like HP Lustcraft I don't want to bother anyone with my novice play ability. If anyone is up for some casual games let me know.

Chris

Hello,

I'm new to the Denver area, and would love to get to know some of the local players and play some Malifaux. I am a relatively new to Malifaux but have played some other minis games.

I'm going to try and make it this Saturday, but like HP Lustcraft I don't want to bother anyone with my novice play ability. If anyone is up for some casual games let me know.

Chris

Greetings Chris, definately come. And while Malifaux has been around for a couple of years, the community in Denver is still young and growing, so please come by meet some of the players and perhaps arrange some games on the side.

Hope to see you there.

Excellent, then I'll do my best to be there on Saturday. By the way is Thursday still the best day to meet other players?

Chris

Greetings Chris,

Look forward to meeting you then on Saturday. As much as I would like to say Thursday is the best day to meet Malifaux players, those that were into it heaviest and were meeting that day have reduced to a small trickle of a few players that show up sporadically. Now there is another store, Total Escape Games on the north side of Denver, they have people meeting sporadically as well. So probably the best thing is to come to an event (like this one) and see whom you can get emails from and arrange play times from there.

Greetings Chris,

Look forward to meeting you then on Saturday. As much as I would like to say Thursday is the best day to meet Malifaux players, those that were into it heaviest and were meeting that day have reduced to a small trickle of a few players that show up sporadically. Now there is another store, Total Escape Games on the north side of Denver, they have people meeting sporadically as well. So probably the best thing is to come to an event (like this one) and see whom you can get emails from and arrange play times from there.

Sounds like a plan and I will see you on Saturday. Thanks for the help!

Chris

I am glad all those that attended had a good time and a chance to play not just one game but three in a day. Will start putting together the next event here shortly, so keep your eyes (unless Coppelius stole one) open for posters at your FLGS and here on the forums. Target is a Saturday in late Augest (post Gen Con) at Total Escape Games (CrimsonWraith, if you want to run it PM me so we can start coordinating Denver area events).

I am glad all those that attended had a good time and a chance to play not just one game but three in a day. Will start putting together the next event here shortly, so keep your eyes (unless Coppelius stole one) open for posters at your FLGS and here on the forums. Target is a Saturday in late Augest (post Gen Con) at Total Escape Games (CrimsonWraith, if you want to run it PM me so we can start coordinating Denver area events).

Thanks Nate, you did an excellent job with the event. I'm looking forward to future events.

Chris