[B=P4] Best Outcast Master?

Jonas Albrecht

I think this is a really tough one right now. Many people are going to say Hamelin just because he's the newest and toughest to beat right now. But I think that once a few people have worked out the bugs with facing him (pun intended), that he won't seem quite as scary.

The Viks still impress more than anything. They have speed, high damage, movement tricks...about the only thing they DON'T have is survivability (no armor, Slow to Die, etc.). But with the Freikorps Librarian now...they're pretty nasty. So, I think I have to go with the Viks still.

Levi IMO.

His ability to tailor a list to any playstyle, strategy or situation is invaluable.

I almost voted Hamelin, but as Lobo said, when people figure out what he and his very limited crew selection are all about, and find ways to get around him, he won't seem so scary.

Somer I have no experience with, so I can't comment.

The Viks seem like a very straight forward, beastick crew and I just feel Levi is more adaptable and has more tricks up his sleeve so to speak. This is just personal opinion ofc.

Many people are going to say Hamelin just because he's the newest and toughest to beat right now. But I think that once a few people have worked out the bugs with facing him (pun intended), that he won't seem quite as scary.
I think this is very true. In fact, it is SO true that people seem to be overcompensating by NOT voting for Hamelin! I don't think he's that bad! As of the writing of this post, he only has 1 vote, the Victorias have 9, and Leveticus 10. Only 1 vote out of something like 25!

However, after saying that, I voted Victorias. :o: I think they are less straight forward and more tactical than most people give them credit for. They've got mobility and they pack a punch.

Edited by naiatoc

It's kind of funny to me that Levi is winning as Hamelin and Voracious Rats make a lot of trouble for Levi

eh forgot that Entropic sacrifices and doesn't kill. Not so bad. You'd be at a negative flip targeting a rat though. hmmm

Edited by WUWU

It's kind of funny to me that Levi is winning as Hamelin and Voracious Rats make a lot of trouble for Levi

eh forgot that Entropic sacrifices and doesn't kill. Not so bad

Only with the way you play that rule, which I still believe is wrong. But we will wait for an official ruling.

But this is not about which Outcast master can beat which, it's about which is best overall.

Levi IMO.

His ability to tailor a list to any playstyle, strategy or situation is invaluable.

like necro put it tailoring your list do to the situation puts you a step above ost others. also having access to some of the games deadliest models (any of the riders, killjoy , alice ect.) also helps. plus i think he can kill that one model you dont like the easiest outa all the masters out there.

Well then, it's clearly Sommer.

...why is there a poll?

seriously

:1:

Som'er is awesome because when he wins (even 8-0 annihilations) he has nothing left on the table so your opponent doesn't feel too bad about it.

Plus he's got some crazy OP stuff going on that few people realize.

Not to mention super fun. I don't know how you can do tons of irresistible damage and drop your opponents hand and have them still be having fun, but he does it (probably because the next thing that happens is you shoot your own guy on accident).

Only with the way you play that rule, which I still believe is wrong. But we will wait for an official ruling.

But this is not about which Outcast master can beat which, it's about which is best overall.

Er yeah.. You can't summon using abilities like Violation of Magic if there is a model with Voracious Rats in 6" of the dying model, nor can you use Murderous. I know I said before I thought you could, but with the Star comes great knowledge..

So now that you agree with the people who actually know what the hell they're talking about, let's work on fixing other things that are broken with Hamelin and start ignoring the ignorant masses that blindly defend something that they have never seen on the field.

Edited by Sandwich

I have to go with Levi, although it is for a very specific reason.

As of right now, we do have all kind of Undead, Soulless or Constructs for use on most missions. In fact the current tourney format has two great missions for Levi and a way to protect yourself from a third one.

The only Strategies I don't consider Levi "great" at, are Slaughter since he gives back 3 SS to the opponent most of the time and Destroy the Evidence. You can still win with him though.

So now that you agree with the people who actually know what the hell they're talking about, let's work on fixing other things that are broken with Hamelin and start ignoring the ignorant masses that blindly defend something that they have never seen on the field.

As it is worded it could easily be read either way. However as a Rules Marshal I am able to discuss with the game designers how a rule was intended to work. I would hardly say that you know how every rule works and how every rule in the game is intended to work. Their are huge number of inaccuracies in some of your posts.

I think it's a fine thing to claim that anyone that doesn't agree with you is the ignorant masses. But I haven't seen a thread which you have posted on which hasn't been you putting down any player that can't always win with Hamelin. It is very possible that a lot of people have played games with him and haven't found the same thing as your small insular group in Tacoma. Just because they are not as vocal as you doesn't make their opinions any less valid.

Your last post came off as very offensive, and it's not the first time that you have insulted people that don't agree with you. I would consider thinking before you post.

As it is worded it could easily be read either way. However as a Rules Marshal I am able to discuss with the game designers how a rule was intended to work. I would hardly say that you know how every rule works and how every rule in the game is intended to work. Their are huge number of inaccuracies in some of your posts.

I think it's a fine thing to claim that anyone that doesn't agree with you is the ignorant masses. But I haven't seen a thread which you have posted on which hasn't been you putting down any player that can't always win with Hamelin. It is very possible that a lot of people have played games with him and haven't found the same thing as your small insular group in Tacoma. Just because they are not as vocal as you doesn't make their opinions any less valid.

Your last post came off as very offensive, and it's not the first time that you have insulted people that don't agree with you. I would consider thinking before you post.

WIN! :cheer2::hippie::lol::thumb:

"No models may be summoned as a result of the model being killed" sounds pretty clear to me.

I'm fairly certain I do know how a vast majority of the rules of the game work, and I would hope anyone else speaking on a matter dealing with game changing issues would too.

I don't put others down for not winning with Hamelin.

I point out fatal flaws and reasoning to a situation that would've lead to a better outcome.

I also don't think that anyone who doesn't agree with me is a part of the ignorant masses.

Magicpockets, Dolomyte, Wodschow and quite a few others have made very powerful arguments toward the opposite.

I accept much of what they say as truth and have seceded from more than one argument because I was wrong.

I do however find it hilarious when someone states something about Hamelin that is not true but will zealously defend their claim, and then go on to admit that they haven't played or seen Hamelin played.

It seriously irritates me that you discredit me because I play in a single gaming group, it's pathetic and shows a failing logic, stop using it.

I have been nothing but kind to practically everyone on this board for a long, long time, I use proper grammar, pronunciation and generally correct spelling at all times.

I have spent hours and hours of my own time writing Tacticas strictly for the use of others, with no expected return at all.

This community all agrees that the words written in my Tacticas are nothing but amazing works of intellectual properties and then go on to discredit my every word when I attempt to point out flaws in Hamelin.

I know it's because people want to be cheesy in tournaments, so fine.

The only reason Hamelin wasn't the dominate master at Adepticon was because Rat Catchers weren't available.

- - - -

As a final note,

I'll shut up.

I don't need to convince anyone.

I don't need to help anyone fix anything.

I don't care anymore.

It's a waste of my time.

Sandwich you're bang out of order with those posts, especially the first of the two. Even if Ratty wasnt a RM now you have absolutely no right to speak to him like that - you can get your point across in a much better way without resorting to such arrogance and rudeness.

I've noticed a lot of tolerance for you and your attitude on these forums, but you're truly delusional going after someone as well respected and knowledgeable as Ratty (members of our group know him in person, and think very highly of him) - especially now he has the star.

I think an apology is due here, and then maybe you should think before the next time you post from under that bridge of yours.

Sandwich you're bang out of order with those posts, especially the first of the two. Even if Ratty wasnt a RM now you have absolutely no right to speak to him like that - you can get your point across in a much better way without resorting to such arrogance and rudeness.

I've noticed a lot of tolerance for you and your attitude on these forums, but you're truly delusional going after someone as well respected and knowledgeable as Ratty (members of our group know him in person, and think very highly of him) - especially now he has the star.

I think an apology is due here, and then maybe you should think before the next time you post from under that bridge of yours.

I know :(

Revelation was in order.

Thanks to Lalo.

I'll be honest,

Ratty is my favorite forum person.

Or maybe he shares that pedestal with Wodschow.

They're both pretty rad.

Sorry Ratty.

Girlfriend aggro + long day + schizophrenia = wrongful hate.

Not an excuse, just a background reason.

You still have all the reasons to be mad at me. :[

:/

I can't necessarily take it back so perhaps flowers and a kiss on the cheek will work?

Or at least, that's what worked on other problems.

Mayhaps a turkey and cheese sandwich with lettuce and some secret sauce is in order instead.

@Pockets

"Tolerance for my attitude?"

I totally do not have an attitude.

And I'm sorry. :[

Edited by Sandwich

The only reason Hamelin wasn't the dominate master at Adepticon was because Rat Catchers weren't available.

That's not true.

Rat Catchers WERE available at the show. People were purchasing models and painting them before their events.

And I strongly suggest that you adjust your tone on the forums from now on.

Rat Catchers WERE available at the show. People were purchasing models and painting them before their events.

This is true, and in fact Insidious Madness made an appearance at the scrap under Pandora. I got a chance to finally see them on the table and they are really awesome.