[Halp!] Leveticus B-Day Presents for a Friend

Darguth

Hey all,

My friend's birthday is coming up, and I traditionally buy him minis or other hobby/gaming stuff.

I'd like to help him expand on his Malifaux crew, but seeing as my experience against Leveticus is pretty limited I'm looking for help from everyone.

He has the box set and the Desolation engine, but that's it. I'm wondering what would be the best way to help him expand his force to start with? I'm thinking maybe another Hollow Waif, a totem of some kind, and/or some other constructs outside the SPA's?

He's expressed interest in fielding Teddy I think, but I'm not sure how well that works out of Lev? What about other cross-faction Constructs?

Any help/guidance appreciated. He'll be facing off against a fair number of masters in our playgroup: Som'er, Nicodem, McMourning, Kirai, Perdita, Sonnia, Lady J, Lilith, Pandora, Rasputina, Colette, and Viktoria potentially.

Thanks!

Edited by Darguth

After the box set, I would go for some cheap objective grabbers such as Necropunks and something that packs a punch, like Bete Noir.

Canine Remains and Steam Punk Archanids also work well with Levi.... and don't forget the Peacekeeper which is awesome for anyone who can take it :)

I'd grab him some hollow waifs and canine remains, both of which he can use to summon the second waif.

After that he needs some cheap non-insignificant minions for taking objectives. Examples would be;

Necropunks (fast and hard to kill)

Watcher (very quick, helps w. ranged attacks and drops a scrap counter)

Rotten Belles (Lure!)

Crooked Men (shaft counters allow for decent bodyguards for the waifs?)

Some mid-priced constructs (hunter?) wouldn't be bad either, simply for the scrap counter they leave.

As far as high-end minions are concerned, there's alot of great options available to Levi. I personally have Bete Noire, Jack Daw, the Hooded Rider and Killjoy, but I'd also like to get Ryle for his shooting and the flesh construct for his cheapness.

One thing to keep in mind is which minions have a :crows on their Cb and possibly a trigger requiring an additional :crows. They have great synergy with Levi's Blessings of Desolation spell. It's one of the reasons I'm hoping to grab a flesh construct. ;)

Thanks for the advice all, I didn't feel like buying him any of the little mook characters. I wanted to pick him up some heavy hitters. So I got the Steamborg Executioner and Ryle. Both of which fit with Leveticus' Crew's style too, being half-men, half-machines. Neither of which I would have really thought of initially, so thanks for the suggestions!