In the Real world

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That place where all the people look at you oddly because you talk about Nephalim and The Mother of Monsters, but doesn't get it when you tell them they're all figments of your imagination....? :D

Lol, figments of your imagination. I have one sat right next to be now. He says 'hi' by the way.

I'm off to Lilith's for tea tonight. Do you think she likes roses?

Figment of our imagination....pfuff! ;)

Lol, figments of your imagination. I have one sat right next to be now. He says 'hi' by the way.

I'm off to Lilith's for tea tonight. Do you think she likes roses?

Figment of our imagination....pfuff! ;)

Hi to the figment sitting next to you. HAHA

You should totally bring Lilith a Peace Bringer.... you know how much she loves those... you could even invite Santiago along... He's got two *evil grin*

Well I'm a student filmmaker...

I could have gotten a free university education in Scotland, but decided to come to sausage fest Stafford instead. When I told my mum I wanted to be a filmmaker she said "Better start practicing saying "Do you want fries with that?" then." I'm at the end of my 2nd year now and about to embark on a year of freelance work before going into my final year. Plan on spending 5 weeks of my summer with the British Youth Film Academy, enter festivals and generally make films that cause people to look at you strangely when you describe them.

Up side: Watching films counts as homework, I get to work with talanted people (actors, musicians, cinematographers), I see places I'd probably never visit otherwise (went to Wales for the first time to pick up a set of full plate armour.. while painted green but that's neither here-nor-there) and I can at least wake up knowing that as long as there's money in my bank (oops..) I can pretty much do anything I want.

Down side: I'm hungry... not great odds against me ending up working at the IT desk at my home town library, it's harder than you think (especially when you're the director, but I didn't have to point that detail out did I?), you will find yourself relying on the most incompetent, untalanted people on the planet (grr..) and even if I dod "make it" I've got everyone pirating my work to look forward to.

So yeah that's how I'll end up serving you at the check-out. Thank you, come again.

Well I'm a student filmmaker...

I could have gotten a free university education in Scotland, but decided to come to sausage fest Stafford instead. When I told my mum I wanted to be a filmmaker she said "Better start practicing saying "Do you want fries with that?" then." I'm at the end of my 2nd year now and about to embark on a year of freelance work before going into my final year. Plan on spending 5 weeks of my summer with the British Youth Film Academy, enter festivals and generally make films that cause people to look at you strangely when you describe them.

Up side: Watching films counts as homework, I get to work with talanted people (actors, musicians, cinematographers), I see places I'd probably never visit otherwise (went to Wales for the first time to pick up a set of full plate armour.. while painted green but that's neither here-nor-there) and I can at least wake up knowing that as long as there's money in my bank (oops..) I can pretty much do anything I want.

Down side: I'm hungry... not great odds against me ending up working at the IT desk at my home town library, it's harder than you think (especially when you're the director, but I didn't have to point that detail out did I?), you will find yourself relying on the most incompetent, untalanted people on the planet (grr..) and even if I dod "make it" I've got everyone pirating my work to look forward to.

So yeah that's how I'll end up serving you at the check-out. Thank you, come again.

Heh, I know what you mean. My wife is an actress/filmmaker as well, and most of what you said describes her experience pretty well too. But, she loves it, and we're scraping by. Luckily I've been able to find ways to ferret away a small bit of cash here and then to still buy a few models. ;)

I am a legal assistant for a law firm that deals mostly in family law with a little bit of criminal defense work to boot. It's a good job because I do something different almost every day. And no I don't want to go to law school. Don't need the debt. don't need 3 years of living hell (law school). Don't want to be a certified ***hole.

Well I work in corporate recovery. So not a million miles from your field AB.

For those who don't know I basically work for the trustee in bankruptcy, liquidator, administrator etc, making people redundant and selling off assets mostly.

The occasional rescue and turnaround but they are rare these days.

That makes three of us in a similar field, as I am an accountant too.... which my opponents always find funny as I am sooooo slow at working out my duel totals ! If I don't have excel, I can't do it :)