In the Real world

Bored here at work, so thought it might be interesting to see what all of you peeps did in the real world.

I probably have one of the most boring jobs in history, an Accountant.

(stop your sniggering)

But I am making it my mission to make Accountancy more interesting. Its very hard.

So what do you guys do in "The Real World"?

EDIT: Ok this thread started with good intentions, but got derailed a slight bit. So feel free to read all of it but the PROPER topic has carried on for a few posts, but to post without having to trawl though pages of mindless drivel, hop to about post 482 where the topic starts again!!

Mindless drivel has gone to a new thread 'A Day in the Life'.....

Edited by Absolution Black

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left corporate America last year (I helped lead and build a logistics team for Target as one of the two executives in that part of the store's operation) to become an art student. I'm looking to focus on Graphic Design, while learning sculpting, mold making, etc...

Yep, it's been a change!

i work as an Educational Technician in a high school. Basically I get all the hell of being a teacher, and few of the rewards; I get the summers off (*rock*) and I get the vacations, but I have to deal with students' crappy attitudes and don't get the added joy of teaching/torturing them *sigh* some day I'll be a teacher (I think I can, I think I can :D)

salesperson in a modelkit/miniature train/puzzle store, pushing in a wargame direction as well

working on project on down times in store is a plus

slim pay and management set in their ways is a min

When i'm not on my private island of course

LOL

Maybe Malifaux is all in your head. ;)

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I design parts for airplane engines. Pretty cool overall. Going through school I really wanted to do Robotics, but it's a narrow field and tough to get into. But, it explains my near obsessive desire to play Ramos and Hoffman. ;)

LOL

Maybe Malifaux is all in your head. ;)

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I design parts for airplane engines. Pretty cool overall. Going through school I really wanted to do Robotics, but it's a narrow field and tough to get into. But, it explains my near obsessive desire to play Ramos and Hoffman. ;)

i actually graduated in avionic maintenace but before i graduated our main airliner went bankrupt, and loads of experienced peole flooded the market

i actually graduated in avionic maintenace but before i graduated our main airliner went bankrupt, and loads of experienced peole flooded the market

Ugh, yeah, the last few years haven't been great for folks in that field. I managed to skate by, and things are turning around now. Hopefully things in Aviation will pick back up over there as well soon, and you'll be able to go back to that.

Although, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm somewhat jealous that you get to hang out in a game store all day and work on terrain WHILE you're at work. I just have to sit here and dream about it. :tongue2:

Ugh, yeah, the last few years haven't been great for folks in that field. I managed to skate by, and things are turning around now. Hopefully things in Aviation will pick back up over there as well soon, and you'll be able to go back to that.

Although, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm somewhat jealous that you get to hang out in a game store all day and work on terrain WHILE you're at work. I just have to sit here and dream about it. :tongue2:

i'm not comlpain anymore with may jar etc

graduated 7 years ago and no job in aviation since

and yeah lots of contracttown 27 was done behind the counter for my part

pieces of roanoke harbour as we speak :D