[B=P3] Best Arcanist Master

Jonas Albrecht

Overall strength in-game: Collete. She's got some of the best mobility in the faction that makes her great with objectives, plus she's got some dangerous minions and she's very hard to kill thanks to all those soulstones of hers.

Ease of Learning: Rasputina. Put down ice pillars for cover, blast enemies with ice and there's a few extra tricks for the kids to learn and have fun with. :D

Personal Favorite: Marcus. Cool range of models, tricky to figure out and people underestimate him. What's not to like? :D

EDIT: I voted Marcus. ;)

Edited by Rathnard

This was a tough call between Colette and Ramos for me. Utlimately I chose Ramos since Colette has difficulty with the Strategies that require you to kill your opponent's models. Granted, I've won slaughter with her before, but it certainly isn't her strong suit. Ramos' crews may not be great at Strategies which require a lot of interacting, but the Spider Swarms and Steamborg have some very surprising speed. And Ramos is just so tough to kill as well.

I think Colette is a top tier master for sure, and definitely the best Arcanist. She maximizes the Coryphee and Cassandra, which I also believe to be some of the best models, insane maneuverability, unkillable, and a couple of decent spells. She's pretty fun to play too... except my last few games have kind of turned into a stall match where the opponent can only win if they kill Colette, which saps the fun pretty quick.

I'm really on the Colette boat.

She's easily capable of wasting anything with her Doves, especially masters and henchmen. Slaughter or Contain Power are really in the bag.

She's crazy fast, so practically all else is easypeasy.

And she's durable as hell, so there's Escape and Survive as well.

I voted Colette too, simply because of all the masters/henchmen I currently have she is proving to be the one I have the most difficulty with...and thats a good thing as it is a challenge!

Plus the minis are sweet, and look like they will be a joy to paint, when I eventually get around to it!

Plus none of the other Arcanists appeal to me in terms of minis, fluff etc.

Colette, and I see the arcanist community supports hehe.

Speed, manipulation, soulstone abuse, very difficult crew to lock down and destroy, hit and run tactics....she's a wily little thing. Although her learning curve is quite high, but I've seen people do things with her that quite frankly make my head spin haha.

Ramos got a lot of help in book 2, but he still remains a jack of all trades, though he falls short on synergy with many of the constructs available to him and unlike Levi, he lacks the offensive power to make up for this deficiency. Still love him though, but I wouldn't consider him "best."

Marcus...well, he's been discussed in length as to why he's hard to win with in other threads, so...nuff said.

Tina. I used to not have a high opinion of her, but a guy started coming around the LGS who is absolutely brutal with her. I can see how she is totally viable, but I just think Colette has more utility and manipulation to give her an edge, though both are tough to master tactically.

Its actually a pretty tough question, I like them all, find Colette the most interesting to play with a game full of options when she's in play, but feel her story a bit predictable. 'Tina's theme is rather nice and with a few things added (Snowstorm) it'll gain more power in game.

Guess I'll vote for 'Tina for sheer strength of theme.

Still, I'm waiting on Kaeris so I can bring the burn with Arcanists.