[Boredom = Poll] Best Guild Master

Jonas Albrecht

I really couldn't ask for a better group in Malifaux that distinctly wild west monster killers. Playing them has gotten a lot more interesting since the arrival of Abuela Ortega. They'll always be my favorite arm of of Malifaux's industry barons.

However, C. Hoffman is so much fun to play. The things you can do with him and the constructs of the game are going to make a lot of players think twice about running Ramos ever again.

I like them all but I think Sonnia is the biggest powerhouse.

I have not played enough with Hoffman to see how he does but I think he has potential to bring the pain as well.

Perdita is my 2nd Malifaux love and she is a lot of fun and has a very easy learning curve.

Finally Lady Justice is a great melee powerhouse and also really good.

I guess what I am saying it the poll is hard. They are all great.

I voted Hoffman, simply because I don't like any of the Guild (Arcanists for life! LOL), but I have a soft spot for Hoffman. That, and I knew he wouldn't win the poll anyways. :tongue2:

Seriously though, from a 'best for winning games' perspective, I would probably say Perdita as well. Sonnia is a close second, but her Df being so weak makes her an easy kill often times. Perdita is just a real pain in the rump to put down, on top of all the crazy damage she dishes out.

I voted for Perdita as well. I love the fact that if I need speed to get around the board I have that with her speed or with her obeying things. If I need to kill things she has that, and with her high DEF she is pretty hard for people to get their hands on her to kill her.

My vote goes to Perdita. I do like her versatility at range and melee and her supportive family, but I've only played three games (one with the Viks and two with the Ortegas), so I can't really base it on how she plays.

I just like the monster-hunting, gunslinging, Mexican familia theme.

I voted Lady J which will come as no surprise to those who have read my other posts! But she was my first master and the one I still take as a weapon of choice.

I have tried both Perdita and Sonnia but never been captivated by their playstyles....I guess i'm an in your face kinda guy!

I haven't tried Hoffman yet (on order) so couldn't comment!

Lady J Riposte is the coolest trigger in the game. "Oh, you missed, well guess what I hit you, let's see that is a straight damage flip. Let's cheat that up to severe damage, that will be 6 damage sir."

Well yeah but then again Perdita has the same ablity but for ranged attacks adding that to all the other things she can do, makes her just Awesome.

Give you 4 guess to who i voted for =)

But I do also like Lady J, she is intresting but after playing Perdita painfuly slow with her extra action being melee master she cant move that fast and it just seems slow when perdita can move faster and has Fast(+1) making it so she can move 3 times or shoot 3 times or spells what ever she likes. It gives her more options.

But I think its fast that make Perdita better IMHO because she can do 3 actions no matter what, lady J tends not to do 3 actions in the first turn and only 2 a turn till she gets into melee range wasteing her +1. Sonnia is good in this regaurd because she has range with her spells giving her some more play faster, but she cant stand alone in a fight as well as Perdita and Lady J. I dont know about hoff playstyle becuase i have yet to really play him so I won't go into him right now.

But Perdita is good at range, she is a gun fighter so she is = good at melee, she is fast and she has counterspell that counters almost anything. And as the cherry on top she has obey!

Perdtia and a totem can make pap loco run from one side of the table to the other and blow up before my oppent has a chance to move! Also mixed in with all that goodness she can companion with anyone in her family! So you can compainion them, obey them and then activate them so she can give her extra speed to others. All around she is the simplest to master, the best all rounder. her only ture weakness is her heath and that can be fix with her high DF and a good sized SS Cache.

Sorry about being long winded but I just love my cowgirl!

-Andrew

Edited by TimeLapse

Because I have her painted I'm saying Sonnia but give it a week or two and I'll have Lady J done too and then it'll be a toss up. I really like the idea of hoffman but haven't picked him up yet and finally Perdita seems very good but I didn't like the fact that her crew was straight up 5 humans so avoidded her.