Tournament - Leeds UK - 7th May

mythicFOX

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon All

The event is two weeks today.

Could I ask everyone who's coming to check the list on the first page of the thread to make sure that;

1. Your name's on the list
  2. Your name's displayed in green

If you're not on the list and want to come please let me know. If your name is not in green this means I haven't received payment from you.

Payment deadline is midnight one week from today (30/04/2011). Please pay ASAP.

I'd also like to remind you to familiarise yourself with the rules pack and remember that crews must be fully painted. So use the long weekends and warm quick paint drying weather to get those minis ready for battle. :)

Any questions let me know. Look forward to seeing you all there.

-James

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a GW Yhetee with a freebooter sorceress on a 50mm base to represent SnowStorm. I'll post a picture soon, but do you think that will be ok for the tourney?

Also can I use Rising Powers as a reference as I don't have the card yet either?

Regards Rhaksha

I'm sort of glad the payment date for this is past!

Out of the blue I suddenly have a means of getting there, however, it would mean not drinking heavily at my end of year ball on friday and missing a crucial footy game for my 6-a-side team on saturday so no desicions to make! :D

I'm still accepting sign ups if anyone wants to come. Especially as we're at an odd number of players. :D

@ Rhaksha - I've made a policy of not confirming one way or the other until I see the proxy on the day. Although from what you describe I don't think that this'll be an issue. Using RP as a reference for unreleased models will be fine.

Nope, the full pack is linked on page one of the thread though. :)

The bit you're interested in reads as follows;

Painting and Modelling

Models used in a player’s crew must be fully painted and based. Proxies for both released and unreleased models are allowed provided they reasonably represent the model they are intended to be. If you are in any doubt about models you wish to bring please contact the organisers in advance.

Note that where a proxy is for a released model you are still required to have its stat card.

Crews being entered for the best painted prize can be displayed and voted for by the players during the lunch break. The crew with the most votes will win best painted. Only crews painted by the player using them can be entered into the best painted contest.

Quick tip re getting to the venue;

If you're approaching on Meanwood Road from the A58 end, heading towards Meanwood you'll pass a Jet Petrol Station on the left.

Immediately after this on the right you'll see the building the LWGC is located in, it has a big sign on the corner saying ‘artco gallery framing mirrors’.

The entrance is at the front of the building facing Meanwood Road, you'll see signs on and around the door for another building tenant there called 'Oblong'.

Hope that's helpful.

So, er, I just got in and found out footys cancelled. So, I've set my alarm for 7.50am, and gonna come over.

Best case; James lets me play in the tournament and I owe him a favour (and entry fee obvs)

Worst case; I play some friendly games against whoever, chill out and maybe visit my mum 30 mins up the road.

James can you drop me a text in a few hours if this is ok?

Cheers bud.