Malifaux Tournament - Birmingham, UK 4th June 2011

Clousseau

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it forgot to get my ticket yesterday but seeing as 13 would complicate the numbers anyhow, can I go down as reserve? as im from birmingham anyhow I can attend the expo regardless so I don't mind.

Glad to have you aboard, and maybe we can find a 14th person out there?

At the moment last person to sign in gets a bye (and maybe gets a game against me).

Although you are from Birmingham I won't hold it against you!

In response to a couple of queries I've decided that June releases WILL be allowed. However I cannot guarantee that they will be available, so please provide 2 alternative lists, and clearly let me know that you wish to get these models at the show if they are available. I will arrange with SMG to have the models available when you sign in.

Remember - you can use a suitable proxy model, but you must have an original card.

Great news, thank you very much.

I have already spoken with Graham about a Desperate Mercenary (male) and the Collodi box set but it couldn't hurt if you mentioned it as well :)

I've also PM'ed my lists.

Kevin

not slaughter, not slaughter, not slaughter, not slaughter.....

:D Contain Power's much MUCH MUCH worse mate.

Kill both The Dreamer and LCB, and/or both Vicks? How about playing with/vs; Kirai, Pandora or Collette, those have 0vp draw written all over them.

You decided who you're bringing yet?

I've been advised that it is doubtful that the June releases will arrive in time, but if they do I'll know on the Friday and will try and post on here.

If anyone is QUICK I MAY be able to get these from the US whilst I'm over here and fly them back ahead of the tourny. However, so I don't get stuck with models, if I don't know you I reserve the right to not bring too much stuff back :)

Just in case anyone cares, I should be there on friday from 3 Pmish, so if anyone wants a game of malifaux, I'm more than happy to bring a crew down and have a break from H/WM, but I assume most malifaux players aren't staying over.

(If you are, I'll be about saturday night too actually)

Just waiting for Newbie's list (yes, it's name & shame time).

Tommorrow night I'll decide which Strategies will be used and prepare the final info to print off at work (tut tut), then just need to sort out the prizes and I'm nearly ready!

Make him use that 'tina crew! :D

Hi folks. We are going to be in Birmingham on Saturday visiting family. We were considering staying over to come along to the exhibition on Sunday, but have decided not to bother.

Can anyone advise what might be going on, on Saturday evening? Will the trade shows still be open? Would it be a bit of a waste of time? If anyone is playing Malifaux in the evening, where will that be?

Thanks for any advice...

Just waiting for Newbie's list (yes, it's name & shame time).

Collette, Cassandra, 2x Coryphee, Performer & Mannequin, Killjoy, 3x Doves and some bumf to make up the numbers which he'll never use ;)

Tommorrow night I'll decide which Strategies will be used and prepare the final info to print off at work (tut tut), then just need to sort out the prizes and I'm nearly ready!

Will you be pre announcing the strategies? I don't think we gain any tactical advantage in knowing in advance, but it might speed up the choosing crews/schemes part of the game if people have thought about it a little.

I have been rethinking some tactics to make completing certain strategies and schemes quicker to complete, with the right combinations of companion/link and activation orders....

Companion showgirl, move Cassanrda to objective, swap in Collette, interact with objective, get VPs, then watch entire crew die under a flood of rats.... :D

Make him use that 'tina crew! :D

He's a 'tina player so he'd be fine with that. Make him play with a gremlin crew :lol:

Hi folks. We are going to be in Birmingham on Saturday visiting family. We were considering staying over to come along to the exhibition on Sunday, but have decided not to bother.

Can anyone advise what might be going on, on Saturday evening? Will the trade shows still be open? Would it be a bit of a waste of time? If anyone is playing Malifaux in the evening, where will that be?

Thanks for any advice...

Show itself (including trade stands) closes at 5pm (I think) but the tournaments continue until later.

There is evening (open) gaming in the adjacent Stratharran hotel, and I believe there will be a few Malifaux players there (e.g. magicpockets, Drake, ukrocky). Food is available at the hotel, plus there are many places to eat locally.

Check out the show's website for specifics http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk

Edited by Clousseau