Coolest mini you have seen...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea miniatures > Darksword

I disagree on the grounds that Andrea are generally 54mm or larger, while Darksword produces 28mm figures. It's comparing apples to oranges. The degree of detail possible on a 54mm piece is much greater. That and Tom Meier is a god when it comes to sculpting in putty. His pieces for Kahrusan are the only 15mm figures that have ever really impressed me.

I disagree on the grounds that Andrea are generally 54mm or larger, while Darksword produces 28mm figures. It's comparing apples to oranges. The degree of detail possible on a 54mm piece is much greater. That and Tom Meier is a god when it comes to sculpting in putty. His pieces for Kahrusan are the only 15mm figures that have ever really impressed me.

While your point that the 28mm detail of Darksword is comparable, this thread is about the coolest sculpt.

54mm allows more detail, yes, I will afford you that concession.

Andrea minis are still superior to Darksword. Even looking across the Darksword GRRM range, Andrea are still superior sculpts on average.

I would have to say that the Reaper Mouslings have to be some of the coolest sculpts that I have seen, they're just so darn cute.

Zombie Mice: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/mousling/latest/01512

And the Hero Mice:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/mousling/latest/10033

@imp the French GD painters have always just been astounding, I especially love how they paint metal, without using metallic

I would have to say that the Reaper Mouslings have to be some of the coolest sculpts that I have seen, they're just so darn cute.

Zombie Mice: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/mousling/latest/01512

And the Hero Mice:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/mousling/latest/10033

@imp the French GD painters have always just been astounding, I especially love how they paint metal, without using metallic

While the Mouslings are cute, they are very 'chibi'.

As for your comment regarding French painters. Did you realise that most military modellers painted this way before the first metallic paints were released?

Today's gamers use metallics and think nothing of it... then you are astounded when someone paints NMM; chrome; or 'True' metallics... lol

• 1 month later...
Definitely something from Smart Max. Since Doctor Zeels has already been mentioned, I'll got with Lord Holmes, the Royal Assassin, from the Club.

190267_167280249987277_100001159090475_344296_5909040_n.jpg

I can agree, some of the Smart Max sculpts are particularly excellent.

However, I now wish to put forwards my latest acquisition...

AUSCON Limited Release: Dorothy

Sebastian_AUSCON_mini.jpg

I've painted this model a few times and I just love it's Tzeentchian aesthetics.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2070095_99060201224_TzeentchChampionBook_445x319.jpg

Just picked up this model from Studio McVey, gunna use it for my Arcanist Gunsmith whenever I get around to running that faction for Malifaux. Link fail.

It's the Isabella miniature. It oozes style. It would be perfect with a Reese's Monkey and not the chim-chim thing that's on her shoulder.

And the warm, wet, squelching of this mini makes me proud to have the mark of Nurgle:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/204766

Freebooter's Miedo a Morir is a favourite of mine:

ASS010_jh_8049.jpg

But I'm a sucker for scythes.. So no wonder..

Same reason I like Enigmas The Old Death shown earlier in the thread. :P

Would also have to mention Studio McVey again - their limited edition range is just pure brilliant.. Ruby has already been shown, so how about Ar-Fiach:

2605851.jpg

Also stumbled across this gorgeous miniature just the other day - talk about a dynamic pose, huh? If anyone know any online retailers for Sphere Wars that doesn't take a billion in shipping I'd be happy to know..

encarte_chica_erizo_mini.jpg

And.. How about the Pulp City Superhero range? Alot of cool minis there aswell.. Kitty Chesire for instance..

The already multiple times mentioned Smog 1888..

Looking forward to some of the old Hell Dorado miniatures being rereleased, there are some really brutal ones amongst them..

Corvus Belli.. Prowler.. Such an awesome sculpt and I just can't put a finger on what exactly it is that is so great about it..

Better stop now.. xD

Just.. One last favourite: Forsaken Contradiction from Dark Age:

img4358f80fc0e14.jpg

Several other good ones to be found from Dark Age aswell.. and while straying in the post-apocalyptic universes, Taban Miniatures - Eden line..

But like I said, better stop =x

Somebody pick me up that Dorothy Auscon mini and I'll make certain to send a goodie in return. :)

It's going to be released in pewter as well "sometime." Hopefully "sometime" means soon(ish)... You know how those miniatures guys are though...

*ahem*

It's going to be released in pewter as well "sometime." Hopefully "sometime" means soon(ish)... You know how those miniatures guys are though...

*ahem*

RE: Dorothy

Am I going to get permabanned if I say "too much" ??? There's just ... ack...... it's busy. Fun to paint, perhaps, but I would have gone with much less. One thing I love about Wyrd minis is the KISS method of stylization. This is making my head hurt with (admittedly very pretty) details.

~J~

I will aska round, Im not sure if CoolMini picked it up or if Seb is releasing it in metal on his personal site www.guildofharmony.com

Wow, what I'd do to get my hands on that Dorothy model! Definitely one of the best models I've ever seen.

As for my favourite model(s), they might be pretty basic, but I do love 5 from the Hasslefree range that are my joint favourites. Namely the Louise, Felicity, Wolsey and Barney from their Civilians and Hamlet from the Animals range. The fact that they make up Mystery Inc, is no small coincidence heheh :)