Questions/Discussions about Puppet Wars

EricJ

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. I am always somewhat miffed by board-games where all the pieces are pre-desginated, but unpainted. Since people fall for the miniatures, seeing them painted, and then they get them unpainted... before I began painting miniatures, it was even worse!

Just my opinion.

These look very cool, and I'm very interested, and I even submitted an application. If a game takes 10-60 minutes, I might be able to meet with friends or my g/f and play more often :P That's very relevant!

Stupid friends whom I game with each going to a uni in a different city, heh.

I meant mechanically, in the way that the La Croix parody the Ortegas.

Ah well nevermind me then, was just looking for an excuse to post that pic here though ^^"

omg, they're so darn fast, easy and fun to paint! I might actually have a painted army by the time the game is official...I challenge everyone!

What about LORD CHOMPY BITS then? :( I wanna see him painted aswell!

And... Do we actually need the Puppet Deck for this game or will the old Malifaux decks be good enough? And if we do need the Puppet Deck will we need more than one of them?

Because I only have the old ones still :/

Hm. I am always somewhat miffed by board-games where all the pieces are pre-desginated, but unpainted. Since people fall for the miniatures, seeing them painted, and then they get them unpainted... before I began painting miniatures, it was even worse!

Just my opinion.

These look very cool, and I'm very interested, and I even submitted an application. If a game takes 10-60 minutes, I might be able to meet with friends or my g/f and play more often :P That's very relevant!

Stupid friends whom I game with each going to a uni in a different city, heh.

Yes, I think it's a very valid point of view, and we do listen to feedback about pre-painted minis, but of course any decision you make on the subject upsets a portion of the gamers out there.

It might be a little early to ask this, and I apologize if it is, but is there any plan for how the puppet minis will be released? A few massive starting releases, or smaller ones (like for the Malifaux models, 5-7 at a time) over several months..? Will there be boxsets?

Does each Malifaux person have their own puppet? There seemed to be a lot of variety in the samples at GenCon... Are there zombie puppets? Variations on the same one, like different Showgirls?

Are there Coryphee?

I am so excited.

Sweet! That's awesome that we'll be able to use the Puppet models as proxies for our actual models in Malifaux games.

Do we need more than 1 deck of cards to play this game? My wife had asked about me buying an extra Puppet Deck for her anyway, as she kind of has a thing for collecting odd decks of cards. This would give an even better reason to do so!

I'm very intrigued by the expansion possibly making it 1-6+ players, I know shortly after I had moved and didn't have any friends I had played a few solo games of Arkham horror, so I think the single player might be a nice touch.

Looking at the information posted so far, it looks like it will be a sweet game. Also I think when the models do come out we should have some sort of 1 month challenge or crew painting challenge. I'd definitely be down for that (even though my painting still has a ways to go before I'd consider it really good).

Can't wait to see more information!

1 deck per player at this point...of course, who know's what'll happen in playtest, but I think it likely won't change.

Sweet! Will have to pick up another Puppet Deck when the game comes out then.

Speaking of which....if you guys are planning to start playtesting at the end of the month, and run that for 12 weeks....does that mean you're shooting for a GenCon release??? :D

Yay! Puppets! :D

Now for some random questions...

Will there be an opportunity for puppets to pick up and use household objects eg. forks, kniting needles?

Will the puppets be aligned along faction lines, or could we have, for example, a Joss puppet fighting along side a Piglet puppet?

How many puppets will each side have in an average game?

Will I be able to put the board pieces in a Malifaux bag (assuming I use a custom-cut foam tray)?

Will some puppets be able to eat other puppets?

Will some puppets be able to poop out new puppets?

Puppet puppet puppet puppet puppet?