Questions/Discussions about Puppet Wars

EricJ

ok, by now you've probably seen my open call for Puppet Wars playtesting. That thread is STRICTLY for applications, but I wanted to give people another place to ask questions about the playtest, or talk about anything p-wars related, or hell, even just yell excitedly :D

This is that place!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay got some questions

1) How long do you guys estimate games will last?

2) Based on the fact that it uses cards can we expect a game engine similar to Malifaux's duel system?

3) Does each player control 1 puppet or is it army of puppets?

4) Would you consider this a Beer and Pretzels game style board game or something a bit more complicated?

5) What kinda board does the game use?

I'll do my best without giving out super secret details :D

Okay got some questions

1) How long do you guys estimate games will last?

as always, depends on the players, but I expect anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Games can be fast and brutal, but also features multiple strategies, one of which can be to outlast your opponent.

2) Based on the fact that it uses cards can we expect a game engine similar to Malifaux's duel system?

It's not the dual system, but if you know malifaux, there are going to be many elements which are very familiar.

3) Does each player control 1 puppet or is it army of puppets?

How could it be a war if you only had 1 puppet in your army!

4) Would you consider this a Beer and Pretzels game style board game or something a bit more complicated?

the goal is that it is simple enough to be played drunk, but also has many more layers to it, and when you get into the added layers of strategy, it proves to be a very robust game on it's own merits.

5) What kinda board does the game use?

This one is a bit harder to explain, but it's not a static board.